Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to a new friend of mine I met in Sturgis who gold prospects and lives in Wyoming and has a claim he had just bought but not yet prospected on it until 2 months or so prior to coming to Sturgis. He was telling me an old man had showed him how dowsing with L rods work, (of course they were not on his claim, but he showed the old man a vile of gold specks and a few flakes, about 1/4 of an ounce and he hid it in his yard), the old man used his own dowsing rods and found the vile of gold within minutes. He said he was skeptical about dowsing at first and the man explained how it all works and proved the point that dowsing works.

He told me that the old man told him to get 2 brass rods and bend them into an L, the L for the handle of the rods. The man told him that once he made the rods, take the long end of the rod and let the tips of the rods be placed in real gold for about a week.

The old man told him to call him and he would meet up with him and have him test his rods with the old man being there. The old man came over to his house the next week. and the old man told him to give him his vile of gold and he would hide it somewhere in his backyard.

After the old man showed him in his front yard on how to hold the rods, walk slowly and steady, he said watch how the rods react and go into the direction of the rods until they cross over each other to locate the gold.

The old man told him to give him his vile of gold and he would hide it somewhere in his backyard, while he remained in his front yard.

After the old man came back to the front yard, he told him to hold the rods and start walking around to the back yard and watch how the rods react keeping his hands steady and not move them. My buddy said that after walking to the backyard and just focusing on the gold the L rods started moving and he walked in the direction of the rods pointing to, about 10 minutes later the rods crossed each other and looking down, (just under a pile of leaves the old man used to cover the gold vile), and after moving the leaves around found the gold .

My buddy claimed this worked and has used this part of this method to locate gold on his claim. He said in the last few months he has found over 3 ounces of gold using L rods. He said the old man told him that if ever they get to where they don't seem to work, clip off about a 1/4 inch and let them sit in gold for a week and they will work again.

On my buddies claim he has a creek there that he also dredges and found part of his gold.

He swears this method has worked for him on dry areas on his claim and I was wondering if any dowsers here has any knowledge of this. I have some gold and I haven't gotten any brass rods to make L rods with as of yet, but I am curious if it really works this way? I know some may have different opinions. Could this method if it is proven could work with other metals and such as silver, platinum, and other high dollar metals if one has just enough to have the brass absorb some of it's anomalies?

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Yes it dose work its called baiting the rods, and yes you can bait the rods with anythink gold coins etc rings, I have tossed coins over my back in my back yard were my grass is 6" high and have found every one of them , so I took my ring off 24crt gold and tossed that behind my back but this time I had my wife looking on just in case I could not find it but I did , but I am not to good at photo of maps on the computer , but I have never printed one , to dows , I belive that it would be hard to do , becouse off the amount of feet from the ground that most photos of maps are posted on here , if one was 900 ft from the ground would it not be off mark once you zoom in by 9 miles? you tell me lol anyway. what do I know? lol

calbear

Jan 29, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, Eric Foster PI, White's gold detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question? when baiting rods can you use Gold & silver at the same time? Or do you bait precious metals one at a time ? I just made myself a set of fancy rods using Geotech directions and would like to see if the work. The only thing I have ever dowsed for was a well on my property. The well driller showed me how to do it. He said not everyone had the gift. But when I started to dowse I was able to use the rods to locate water, where he had found it ! Told me I had the gift also :laughing7: My neighbor was there said he didn't believe it and it didn't work for him no matter how hard he tried ! Finally threw down the rods and stormed off!!!!!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calbear said:
Question? when baiting rods can you use Gold & silver at the same time? Or do you bait precious metals one at a time ? I just made myself a set of fancy rods using Geotech directions and would like to see if the work. The only thing I have ever dowsed for was a well on my property. The well driller showed me how to do it. He said not everyone had the gift. But when I started to dowse I was able to use the rods to locate water, where he had found it ! Told me I had the gift also :laughing7: My neighbor was there said he didn't believe it and it didn't work for him no matter how hard he tried ! Finally threw down the rods and stormed off!!!!!

I use one at a time usually. I suggest you do that to start with. On some dowsing work I use 2 at the same time. By using mental involvement I can go from one to the other without stopping to tape the other bait and take the other off. To me, the baits are for tuning the rod to the material type of the search item. If you are not using mental involvement and 2 baits, the rod will react to the material type of both within the range of the rod. This may cause some confusion as you will be trying to follow a lock line to 2 or more locations. You may think you are on target then there would be another target of the other material type closer to you than the other causing the rod to react. The mental involvement would be your "discriminator". Try both methods and see what works best for you. Set up a practice area as the metal detectorists do but put a few silver coins instead of one into a container, glass, metal, plastic, and bury it just under the earths surface. If you want to use zinc or copper pennies that is fine also. Make sure you can walk around this target 360 deg. Keep another container and get a helper to hide this above ground and practice locating it. There is a spot on the antenna part of your rods that will give you the best sensitivity to silver, gold ect. I'm right handed so I put the bait on the right hand rod. That sweet spot is different for each person and each set of rods. You don't need to know it right away in the early stages of your development. For now just put the bait somewhere along the antenna. Later if you want to know how to find that sweet spot let me know and I will go over with you how to do that. Practice as often as you can. Start picturing what these targets look like and get these images into your brain as you dowse and you will notice a huge improvement in a short time.
Remember, there is no failure, only feedback. Failure is when a person quits completely what they want to accomplish.
Hope this helps,
Jon

calbear

Jan 29, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, Eric Foster PI, White's gold detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon,
Thanks for the information :read2:, I'll give a try and see what happens :thumbsup:
Craig

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
This will work well if you are capable of doing it, which not everyone is. I learned from an old man who dowsed for a living, water wells, minerals, and other objects. He would cut a limb from a willow if dowsing for water. He would use either a peach, apple or cherry limb to dowse for minerals. He would attach a silver dollar to the end of a limb and hold the Y section in his hands as he dowsed. I have seen him find any silver in the area this way. He claimed that as a boy he couldn't do it, but he was struck by lightning one day and it changed his electrical system. He was the best I have ever seen at it. I can do it several ways, L rods, Y limbs, or pendulum. I don't have a preference except at some locations, some do better than others. I have always used a pendulum to map dowse, but lately I am trying a different set of tools to do it with. It seems to be pretty accurate. One thing I will tell you is, no matter which tool you use, it is only an extension of your own body. Some peoples electrical system is different, that is why they can't dowse. Also, the better health and better your metabolism works, the stronger the dowse. Being physically fit is not a requirement, but it does make a big difference. Good Luck. rockhound

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~ Rockbound~
Also, the better health and better your metabolism works, the stronger the dowse. Being physically fit is not a requirement, but it does make a big difference. Good Luck. Rockbound
Correct again..This old man has learned that lesson..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions