Dowsing verified with seismic sounding.

ellingtonk

Greenie
Mar 4, 2008
Greetings all.
Last year we paid $1,200 for an outfit from the Bakersfield area to come our new ranch, near Mariposa, to locate the best water source 'seismically'.

Before coming, my father, myself, my wife and a professional dowser 'dowsed' the site.
My father and I dowsed it first, and we both agreed 2-3 locations seemed good, but 1 in particular.
BTW, we dowsed it independantly. He didn't show me the spots he dowsed. He tens to dowse with both rods up, wide apart. Bringing his arms closer when he's closer to a target. I use one rod till I'm within 100'.
We estimated a water source at 500-700'. Several methods to do this, but the standard way is to measure the ratio of crossing in relation to the distance of the overhead mark of the target as you approach.
My wife's rods crossed here, but we had to lead her to it.
They would cross every time we walked over it.
Yet the 1 main spot in particular (he'd marked with a stone) was where I was led too.
I put my frisbee down right over his rock.
The professional is the guy from WellCo, the most famous well driller/dowser known in these parts.
We'd moved my frisbee. He staked a spot within a foot of it.

The seismic company sounded blasts at 5-6 spots on our 16 acres.
There seismic read indicated a fissure over an underground reserve.
They placed one of their flags right where the frisbee/rock/stake were. They said of several places it was best.
We drilled 450' and hit an amazing water source. We had it drilled down another 100-150' more.
It was recorded over several hundred gallons per minute. The well had to settle several days and was re-recorded. The driller said we could open our own water company. We were told any larger flow & the county would seize it as emminent domain.
We were told you had to be within 6" to hit such a seam. Otherwise you'd have kept drilling & never hit it.
Our marks were within the 6". Guess we coulda saved $1200.

Thought a few skeptics might wanna re-consider...
Kurt

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thanks Kurt for your story. This story is repeated daily. These skeptics think that all you have to do is drill a hole anywhere to locate water….Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread