New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found today by my buddy George (Vino), any advice or opinions as to grade, worth, or how to sell this coin would be greatly appreciated. All opinions are just that, an opinion, just trying to get a handle on grade, worth, what variety, and ways of selling coins of this caliper?
Thank you in advance.
Brad

He posted this on todays finds, I think this find is banner worthy, just my opinion.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! You have not only found a Half Cent that is tough to find but you found an 1802/0 Half Cent "Overdate" Variety with the Reverse of 1802. While not as rare as the Cohen-1, it is a Cohen-2 and could fetch a pretty nice premium. While the coin appears to have Very Fine details, it does have some issues from being in the ground which could effect the price that it fetches. I may be wrong but if the coin was submitted for Conservation, Certification and Grading, I believe that it could possibly fetch upwards of $5,000 or more at Auction. Yep, they are that rare and sought after! Now, if it were a Cohen-1 Variety with the Reverse of 1800, we would be talking $50,000 or more at Auction.

I voted Banner for this find!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Frank, you are very informed.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang nice findcongrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find and very valuable. With the environmental damage you are realistically looking at $2000-2500.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread