Draped Bust Number 4 in Last Field Hunt Until Fall!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I went back to the site that I found the Draped Bust Half Cent, the War of 1812 buttons and wax seal (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...t-artillery-button-another-wax-seal-more.html)and dug some more buttons. I also came across a signal that screamed out with an 80 VDI at zero inches. On the surface was another large copper! It is the 9th copper for me this year, and the 4th Draped Bust copper. I also brought home about 1000 chigger bites...in MARCH??? So I am done until the Fall. Time to break out the Minelab Excalibur 1000 and head for the beaches!

I can say that this year has been quantity over quality. Out of the 9 coppers, I can only get a date off the top left coin, 1805. On the other hand, there have been years where I couldn't ID any of my coppers, even by type!

The top row are the Draped Bust coins, the middle coin is a Classic Head Half Cent and a Matron Head Large Cent, the bottom row are a KGI followed by two KG II Halfpennies.

008.JPG

005.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 1

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds,To bad that there toast.I"ve found 15 or 16 cornets at the beach. they all look like slugs. Draped bust thats still on my wish list.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Job Neil!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will for certain miss your finds posts, because you always dig things that are excellent, old, and interesting. Best wishes for some nice gold at the beach.

Your Friend,

Buckle

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Neil for adding another copper to your collection. And I understand your "quantity vs quality" thing for sure. Since most of mine come from fertilized fields they're usually in worse shape than yours. Glad to see you were able to hunt until the end of May. My season ended a month ago for the same reasons. See you in the Fall!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice copper and great video !

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super nice! can always expect coppers outta you!

metaldetective

May 14, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w/ 10x12 SEF EXcelerator
White's 6000 Di PRO SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff...love seeing 200 years+ old.

metaldetective

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Neil for adding another copper to your collection. And I understand your "quantity vs quality" thing for sure. Since most of mine come from fertilized fields they're usually in worse shape than yours. Glad to see you were able to hunt until the end of May. My season ended a month ago for the same reasons. See you in the Fall!

Actually this is an older post, dating back to the end of March. Since then I have dug many more coppers (I think I have doubled the number since then)...more of the same pitted corroded stuff, but there have been a few highlights!

One particularly exciting hunt came as a surprise after a morning of bad beach detecting. We swung by a 1920's house looking for older silver and I hit big with a small colonial coin spill!! Click here to see the post:

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it a old pocket spill from the war of 1812. Awesome finds........

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It drives me nuts when I cant read a date. Great saves and a good year hunting. Have fun on the beaches. I still have tick infested areas to hunt but I will be out night walking the beaches. Arty

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Neil. I hate toasted coppers. 90% of the time, it's what we find though. Keep in touch. Todd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread