OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it wasn't for all of the laws I'd likely stay right where I'm at, here on the Florida east coast.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once saw a Show about when they stopped Niagara Falls ' Can not recall the date'
but they said at the bottom of the falls where the water once had been " Sparkled like Glitter" from all the
"Wish" coins that had been thrown in over the years & this was when coins were still made of silver.

Would love to have had permission for a few days There.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A certain swimming hole near Gordo Alabama, to keep the promise I made to my pops to find his class ring.

Mike

Good Luck
Hopefully that's a goal you can Accomplish.
Davers

O

Old Silver

For me it would probably be a local spot where I think a cache was actually buried. I have found evidence that strongly suggests it's there.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Not that it's going to happen, of course, but if you could go on one dream hunt .....

Mine would be to go "back in time" and hunt the beaches of CA when they were getting eroded during the 1982-83 storms again. I was a numb-nuts young guy at the time, who didn't really know what I was doing, wasn't using the right machine, didn't know how to read the surf/beach, etc..... But because the devestation/erosion was so severe, even beginners were finding stuff (you could see silver on top of the ground, or scoop it blindly out of the exposed bedrock in some spots!). I wish now I'd quit my job, and dropped out of college to pursue that 3 to 4 month series of storms. By the time I wised up to what was happening, it was all over. :tongue3:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
California. I've never been west. Would get a horse and "hit the trail". The Mother Load may still be out there?
Then a Civil War battle field in the deep South. Didn't see any action in Ohio during that American war, other than Gen. Morgan and his Raiders. In almost 6yrs of detecting, I've only found 2- 3ringers and a few musket balls.
GL+HH
Peace

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as long as we're dreaming - I'd love to hunt many castle grounds in Ireland, Scotland, and England . Also numerous areas
in Sweden and Norway, that were Viking village sites a thousand years ago or so . Interesting thread topic for sure !

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On the queens palace grounds, I am sure there are goodies buried from over the last 500 plus years.:laughing7:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Brian C. I don't doubt that Buckingham Palace would yield some great finds - and Her Majesty has a few other choice digs like
Windsor Castle and Balmoral (probably quite a few that I'm not aware of ) I thought the earlier choice of The Tower of London was a
fine choice as well !

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say, there are some hunts here that I never gave thought to. Interesting, indeed.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Tower of London? Now that's interesting. Why the tower of London?

1,000 years of folks milling about, a Royal mint for 500 of those. Bound to be something worth finding on that site.

During WWI it was used to recruit and train troops. Silver may have been dropped!

thumb-tower.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread