Dreddging in California....just a suggestion...

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondike here...

I have a suggestion for you prospectors and dredgers who want to continue to work the gold fields in California... take a page from the very recent past of Oregon.. whereby a Legislator found his favorite fishing hole occupied by a dredge...and attempted to run a law through the Oregon State Government outlawing dredging on that creek....he tried to take a fast track to accomplish this...in his mind the sooner the better...

He got soooooo much flap from the miners and dredgers up there... as they organized ... so he pulled his bill off the floor before a vote could be completed... it was just too much for him to overcome...the river is still open for dredging....

You folks need to persuade the GPAA and the LDMA to hold news presses...one after another... kind of like the Tea Party in Boston Harbor so many, many decades ago... file counter suits if possible.....block the action of the State Government...after all the GPAA and LDMA have taken your dues for so many years...And proudly say they speak for the little guy.... Here is a chance for them to really prove it.... do peaceful protest and make your case known all across the state...leave no stone unturned...... write letters and write them again and again to everyone of your legislatures...and influential folks within the communities... do what the special interest groups have done... become a special interest in your own right...... use the power of the organized Corporation and Nonprofit parts of the GPAA and LDAMA to speak for you folks...

Year ago when I just started a 500 acre commercial operation high in the Sierra way above Grass Valley... I had a group of people show up late one evening...now we had just dropped over 4,0000 board feet of timber..were in the process of pulling all the stumps... the place looked like a series of bombs had gone off...it was a mess...

Several people showed up that evening..one had a professional camera and wanted to take pictures...when I said NO!!!.. they accused me of hiding something..I instructed them to go see the Mineral Officer at the Forest Service Center in Camptonville, where everything about my work, claim and actions were public information... but NO PICTURES!!!

I found out the next day, the one who wanted to take pictures was in fact a writer for the Sacramento Bee...his last name was Knudsen...

I immediately dropped was I was doing and spent the day locating and speaking with the owner and chief editor of the Sacramento Bee... I threatened to own the news paper if just ONE negative word was written about my mining operation...

There was an article printed a few weeks later.. and every mine around mine was mentioned in one way or another.. yet not one word ..positive or negative was written about my mine..

You folks can stop this just like I stopped the Sac Bee...

Go for it.. organize..use the power and resources of the GPAA and the LDMA and become a real special interest group ..and become a thorn in the side the tree huggers and the State legislators...

The people of LA and SF are going to determin the fate of the dredging in California...unless you folks stand up...

Klondike...

Upvote 0

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been saying for a long time that we need to stand together and fight, that means every state weather it involves you or not. All miners need to get together as one. As others have written, it won't stop at your dredge.
I don't know if anyone here has heard but now Idaho is down for the year due to permit problems. We need a powerfull spokesman and we need them now....
Can't agree with you more Klondikeike.

OP
OP
Klondikeike

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right JOG..

It's human nature to think the next guy will do it.. but they don't.... that is why I am suggesting several of you speak to the GPAA folks...

I met George back when his boys were in diapers...the last time I saw Tom and Perry was in Alaska.., but back in the day, George dreamed of an organization that would fight for the miners rights.... Back in the day... it was all about fighting the federal government... and the GPAA did so rather frequently...appearing on TV talk shows and in front of Congress.... When was the last tie you heard of or saw the GPAA or LDMA being on a talk show....?? or in front of congress...??

Right now, with gold prices up, with EVERYONE, young and old talking about gold...would be great time for a high profile name like the GPAA to hit the air waves..... start making some noise...start fighting back....and more than on a show sponsored by their own network... go national!! I have nothing against the GPAA... I think it is a great organization for what it represents... and now it NEEDS to represent you prospectors who faithfully pay your dues.. go the mining camp near Nome... and faithfully watch their TV shows and follow the state by stae trade shows....

Today, the tree huggers have somewhat abandoned the federal fight and have their focus set at the state level...You folks in California need a strong spokesman just like JOG said.... you need the resourcs and the power of the GPAA and the LDMA...

Understand, these are just my ideas and suggestions... you may or may not agree with them... it's just some suggesations as a place to start making waves and noise for your cause...

Klondike...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
if you would have done your homework you would have seen that the GPAA is the biggest finnacial supporter of PLP. all GPAA clubs are required to be a not for profit group 501(C)3 or some form of it! that means to keep your not for profit status you cant go against the gubermint or you will lose your NFP status.i know everyone is very pzzzzed about all the westcoast happenings and i am also! but when you have judges that are swayed by these wacoenviromentalists with their half truths and outright lies,and the dems that have to repay the pied piper(wacoenviromentalists)for their support in getting into office,and the peoples uneducated vote for the dems and our LACK of supporting those that are fighting for our rights by not sending in comment/phone calls to the socalled "representatives" that got into office somehow, and the not in my back yard attitude of people that arent from the west coast, we are bound to FAIL in this attempt to save/protect our Constitutional RIGHT to prospect in the United States! instead of complaining about it, go do something about it and get ALL of your friends to do the same or its over! dont rely on someone else to do it for you! if it needs to get done, go do it yourself so you know its been done the best you can do!!!

OP
OP
Klondikeike

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your input russau...

Being a financial support is different than actually appearing in public and doing the things they used to do.. There are several parts to the GPAA and the LDMA.. Yes the clubs are non-profit... But not all parts of the GPAA/LDMA at the the corporate level are of the Non-profit status...There was a time, back in the day, the GPAA Corporate.. was very visable via National TV shows and newspaper articles...

I'm, not at all knocking the GPAA..as I said, it is a great organization for what it does to help the inexperienced and recreational miner.. I just am saying.. they could be much more visible today... than behind the scenes financial support...

If you don't like that idea... or if there is some weird legal grounds for not using the GPAA... start your own grass roots special interest group and stand up and be counted.......and as you, russau, and I have both said.. don't wait for the next guy..... or you could appeal to them to support such a new and fresh voice against the tree huggers...

I have said all I wanted to say in this matter.. I just wanted to make a suggestion... not get into a long debated discussion about how to do it....I just wanted to plant some seeds for you folks in CA to think about and stand up for.. like the folks did in Oregon...

I am a commercial miner ... every move concerning a mining project I work on, I do with the blessing of my Attorneys, Accountant and Geologists... I'm not at the center of the conflict in CA... I have my own issues I have to deal with daily within my commercial operation...my issues don't make or break a weekend outing... my issues make or break my entire income...

And while I feel somewhat separated from the CA issues due to differences in location and mining goals.......but, as a miner, I am just as offended and angry as most of you are...

While I cannot offer my personal and physical abilities... I can offer limited financial support...If interested, I'll have you in contact with my attorney and accountant...

I wish you all good luck...

Klondike...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
rather than planting seeds, we need to put some fires under some of our own to get them to send in comments! youd think the Californian dredgers would send in more comments but from what ive read, they are lacking in their responses! i know ive sent in my share of comments to all of the other states that are haveing problems also!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread