dredge alternatives

OP
OP
R

rockhound69

Greenie
Jul 28, 2011
You see I live in california and there is a no gas powered dredge law here and where I currently prospect a lot the only real way to find gold is to operate a dredge of some type right now I use a pump and dump which this is not cutting it so it is time to upgrade and go the legal routes.

OP
OP
R

rockhound69

Greenie
Jul 28, 2011
According to mark stouffer the environmental program manager for california department fishing game , he stated it is the d f g view that the operation of your hand powered dredge is not a violation of sb 670 although you propose to operate it in a live stream and it does rely on vac to remove material from the bed of a stream fish and game code section 5633(1d) states" this section does not prohibit or restrict non motorized recreational mining activities , including panning for gold" while a portion of the code arguably applies to your proposed actions they quoted subsection provides an exemption for non motorized dredging.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i found this 5653 ( 3 d ), this section does not prohibit or restrict nonmotorized recreational mining activities, including panning for gold,
pretty much the same what 5633 is saying

OP
OP
R

rockhound69

Greenie
Jul 28, 2011
Both models come with options to hook it up to a sluice, that and a hose extension on the front and a pvc nozzle, you've got a legal dredge and a good shoulder work out Hahahaha, just trying to make lemonade out of lemons,been doin alright with the pump and dump a continuous action would move material much faster into a drop riffle sluice . :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread