DREDGE CONCENTRATES

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
I just bought my 4 inch Mini Keene and have been out about 4 times with it. Whats the best method or recommended to get the gold out of the concentrates? I screen everything to 1/4 and 1/8 and run the 1/8 through a gold cube, then screen the cons from the gold cube to 1/8(pan this) 30, 50, 70,100(blue bowl this). Its a little time consuming and was wondering if there was a better method. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
screen to 1/16" and pan all above that. Dry and screen 50 mesh and run -1/16" + -50+ together in blue and 50- seperate and good to go in blue too. Got to mention--seems you are missing gold from the cube,which spouts much bs about gettn' it all???? John

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm one of those that spout off about the vitues fo the Cold Cube.

I ran a bucket of clean up from my 4" dredge through my Gold Cube. First I classified it down to -12 mesh. I can see anything bigger than -12 and panned that all out. Found some nice pickers. -12 mesh then ran through my Gold Cube. This clean up was done 2 weeks ago.

Here the results out of the Gold Cube.
100_0761.jpg

After cleanup. (Sorry they are blurry, I had to shoot without the flash or it would wash the fine gold out.)(Yes, I through the pickers in there!)
100_0767.jpg

I feel that the on the tests I have done, that the Gold Cube captured everything that my dredge did. No I didn't classify the fines to see what mesh they were. I could actually still do that. I sold my Blue Bowl and Sprial Wheel after using the Gold Cube and seeing the reults in the beginning of the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions