Dredge ?

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, Been working on a job that there is some abandoned dredging stuff. There are a couple of parts not sure what they are. 1-8" hose, It is black plastic about 8' long or so with about a 12" x 48" sluice built in with the end open. Same thing in about 6" hose. Both complete with hoses and power jet. Just kind of wondering what they were used for...Gold I know LOL. Will try to get pics next week. Also just wondering if there is any value. Just never seen anything like them
Thanks

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
sounds like you've stumbeled on some old dredge parts! just make sure your not on someones claim where they stored and not abandoned his parts! takeing items stored on a mining claim is a felony!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics mandatory to ascertain to any accuracy whatsoever what ya have there-LOTS of worthless homie junk being dumped -John

OP
OP
A

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok,
Here are pics. Not the best but shed is small. Old guy died and family wants it gone. dredge parts.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YUP homie mish mash and sun burned hose. A few pieces and parts might be useable to make something else out of. Looks like part of a subie---or drywasher body modified to be a surface dredge of some sort?? Not worth much for sure,call it a $100 or let it go. If there are a lot of pans,classifiers,concentrators or such they'd be worth more than what's shown-John

OP
OP
A

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Hoses are really in pretty good shape just really dusty. There are hoses and power jets for 2"-3" 4" 6" and 8". Sluice boxes for 2" 3" 4".
Also there is a gas powered winch. Honda motors w/Keene pumps and air. All I know 8" hose is big....LOL... and yes lots of pans, Classifiers, weight belts, wet suits, and more.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pumps/motors have value if they work. sluice boxes too...what I see looks home made.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
i think john had it right on the first and 2nd pic, part of a sub-surface dredge. don't pay too much it is all old stuff, but still has a value.

bill/cr
'

OP
OP
A

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Wasn't going to pay anything as they just want it thrown away.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Go get that stuff power jets and pumps are of value. What part of the country are you in it makes a difference on the value could always put it on craigslist as a one price takes all listing for best offer.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pic is a Keene 8" submersible box. Sounds like a good deal. If you find an extra 3 and 8" powerjet or some 8" hose that you don't need then send me a pm.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeb, Reed may have got it right, it looks like a subsurface dredge. If you would part with some of these, Please consider me as interested , PM me if you like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread