Dredgeing!!! Anybody been cited since this started??? In Ca.

This could get interesting as it progresses. Id love to read the stories :notworthy:

I for one think its gonna happend as people get fed up and dredge anyhow. :thumbsup:

With the prices the way they are, Id say lets go for it. Start small and move up!
But I do realy like your new idea Hefty, we should get started on that right away.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I replied over in the other post,but I will say if they indeed are putting this in with the CISQA,or CESSWI,the fines are STEEP,and are by day or by GALLON!!!!

lbell

Greenie
Mar 10, 2010
hey guys like i said in the other post dredge in numbers and they wont bother you as they would need to call for back up and that would draw media attention that they don't want and also have somebody standing by with a video recorder to get the whole interaction with dfg to put it out on the net. then people will get the idea that this agency is illeagle and it is and they abuse they're powers to violate your rights.oh and then there is this in order for dfg to be a "legal agency " we would need a king right?i mean then they would be the kings fish or the kings gold or whatever right ? but since we are a republic of free men then they are our fish and its our gold right? yes very right think about it and spread that word . good night .LHB

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Find out from the "authorities" what the fines are, if they can confiscate equipment or not. If they just issue the "offender" a citation and the fines are low, just consider it the cost of doing business. I would invest in a premium muffler to silence the exhaust noise to a whisper. Check out the generators that are used at arts and crafts festivals, they must meet noise abatement requirements.

Mind you, I'm not encouraging anyone to violate the law, but if you do... be quiet about it.

Here's a link to stealth mode dredging - http://www.jackssmallengines.com/quietmuf_index.html . Let's face it, if they can't hear you, they probably will never see you. The muffler and some camo spray paint should do the trick

May the yellow stuff blind your sluice, not your good judgement. Peace.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well considering that this guy had his head on straight and new exactly what the law is for that type of area and he is absolutely right. Now he needs to get it to court, if he loses apppeal it to the ninth supreme court. It may only be a couple hundred dollars but when he wins that will set precedence and we need more of that. Once he has won he needs to sue the S#*t out of that forest ranger personally.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
>:( and the anti-dredging cancer from the klamath yet spreads it's tenacious tentacles yet ever outward :icon_pirat:

Yea,amen to that John!!
This is the fight we need to put our money toward....helping the little guy out that is taking it on.Not some Private interest"group"

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My take on the dredging ban is simple... TAKE YOUR MONEY, YOUR DREDGES, CAMPING DAYS AT LOCAL SITES AND PARKS, ETC. TO NEVADA, OREGON OR WASHINGTON. Let's face it... you've been Californicated and just didn't know it. I lived in SoCal for 12 years and figured it out that the state was over-populated, over-taxed and run by clerks who could care less. Didn't like it... so I left for North Carolina. Life is good.

UNCALIFORNICATED.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
ncclaymaker said:
My take on the dredging ban is simple... TAKE YOUR MONEY, YOUR DREDGES, CAMPING DAYS AT LOCAL SITES AND PARKS, ETC. TO NEVADA, OREGON OR WASHINGTON. Let's face it... you've been Californicated and just didn't know it. I lived in SoCal for 12 years and figured it out that the state was over-populated, over-taxed and run by clerks who could care less. Didn't like it... so I left for North Carolina. Life is good.

UNCALIFORNICATED.

Gotta disagree- If it ain't stopped in California, it will spread all over. Screw those that move to get away, it will come to your state sooner or later. Don't let them get away with this!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
another good idea is to have pictures (engraved I.D./serial numbers/identifing marks) and a detailed list on all equipment that you bring out just incase you do get cited and your equipment gets confiscated! ALSO, dont for get to get a inventoried receipt of everything that gets confiscated from you so you can get it all back or have proof that 'they" took it from you! otherwise, how do you prove it was taken from you and its all hearsay then!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread