Dredging Idaho and facing a tyrannical government p2

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with almost everything you've stated, except this statement. I have personally had three conversations with Clint about mining claims. Two of those conversations were conference calls with his supervisor to help me understand why my mining claim on another river was being revoked. He is not her sacrificial lamb. While he may be ignorant to the law, don't fool yourself into believing that he's Andy's Barney Fife sent to put down a minor uprising at Hank's barbershop. He is not "Poor Clint"...he has an agenda (IMHO) and he is more than willing to do everything he can to help fulfill it.

From my conversations with them, I gathered several things: They do not want any type of prospecting/mining done in any Idaho waterway. They do not believe that the lands are ours or that we have a right to mine the minerals.

While they did not come out and say it, I got the strong impression that they believed that the Mining Laws are antiquated and should no longer apply and they'll go to great lengths in an attempt to find loopholes to try to implement and enforce their misguided agenda. They come across as the master and we are the servants. He is anything but a sacrificial lamb...he is the instigator and the executor of an agenda.

I've dealt with both of them too and I'm in agreement. My impression was the same as yours. They aren't there to do the job they were hired for. We did eventually work through our disagreements with enough notice and the threat of some court action but they didn't come around willingly. They can be made to do their jobs but only with the threat of making things tough on them.

These folks need to be reassigned to handing out yogurt cups at a retirement home for the duration of their employment. Where they are now is detrimental to the rightful users of the Forest lands.

Heavy Pans

p.s. There is no Supreme Court ruling stating that dredging is not a significant surface disturbance. I think you are mixing waters and surfaces GoldenIrishMan. :laughing7:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shannon has found himself in a duel of wits with an unarmed opponent. I wonder if an investigation would determine if the FS is colluding with the EPA. Acting as their henchmen.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also ...Clint Does have a reputation in the area of having an anti mining slant...Ironic since he is a geologist.... He wasn't handing out citations...as there was nothing to hand out a citation for...he was trying to hand out cease work orders. They initially tried to make the guys shut off their motors on their dredges because of fire danger. It was pointed out to that the dredges were in the water and the conversation was taking place in camp next to a running generator:laughing7:....What about all the jet-boats? he was asked. That plan didn't last F.S. relented then moved on to the next... Then came the cease work angle. Shannon and the guys were in contact with the S.O. the whole time.
It is notable that the guys here are being respectful and withholding their harshest judgement for Clint ****** His full name is easy to find. I dropped a facebook group because his name was given as well as a bunch of family members and in laws names.....We are Miners we are in the right. What Shannon is doing is the correct way. We are not a cartel.... we shouldn't make it look like we are after the dudes whole family...even if for some of us these attacks against us directly affect ours! If you do go to Clints F.B. page however and do some research you will see that he is willingly participating and is part of helping the anti mining agenda in the area. The lesson we are spreading by knowing our rights and sticking together is that the F.S. party may not last that much longer.....

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Clay, I was going by what Shannon said in the video on the disturbance thing. Not being a dredger (Kind of hard to dredge without water here in the desert) I hadn't really paid much attention to the case law dealing with it.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keep up the great job guys! we need more people like you the goverment does this everyday to everyone and most people are too dumb and ignorant to put theyre damn foot down!!! 3%

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

@ 15:00 Shannon tells Clint: "This is a FEDERAL Mining Claim"

??? Is he actually registering his mineral properties as such? And people wounder why they get noncompliance letters and/or harassing visits :BangHead:

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably would have pointed out right away... "you realize as a geologist... the only reason you exist fiscally is to serve the mining industry.. right?"

I hope he loses his job, home, money, and sets an example for any other tool that tries to violate anyone's rights.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
maybe Shannon meant it was a Federally approved mining claim?

BTW as a former LEO (back in 99) the order of escalating enforcement was:

Notice of Non-compliance
Notice of Violation
Issue Citation
Court

When I started going to court as a prosecutor, the first thing I found out about Judges were they were all very different...just like anybody else. But it was not like on TV. Judges can be full of themselves, have an attitude, be prejudiced, alcoholics and just plain a**holes. They had a field day with me...dismissed all my citations and told me "residence, principally used or located" was too vague to be enforced. So I fixed it by defining everything just the way I wanted it and buried it in the entire code. Public hearings were required and the meeting announcements were buried in the classifieds. Since the program was already a federally mandated program and millions of dollars of federal funds for roads were at stake, I got what I wanted, styled my presentation for the judge I was about to see and my conviction rate went up to 95%.

Keep your friends close, enemies closer

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty of ignorance from me on occasion, but it seems to me that Clint doesn't understand the difference between judicial and administrative law (regulation), and which will prevail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions