Dredging on the underside of the planet

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course they should do good down there, gold is so heavy it has to settle to the bottom!

Thanks for posting the video

ratled

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some of those holes are flat scary!
Jim

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a GREAT miner Trev Alty when he was suitcase dredging in NZ...in daze of old that is-nice gold great video. Like the camp as mine are in same style but hot showers,propane frig,swampcooler, and many amentities to keep it cival-tons a au 2 u too-John..PS you broke the 1 foot down and 1 foot out rule of living long as you did not stairstep that hole and missing toes,fingers and a squashed melon don't make for a long successful career...err on the side a caution always

Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And not unassing the hole quick when things start sliding! (shudders)

Glad this didn't turn into a "Faces of Death" video!

GoldStampX

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2016
Canada/New Zealand
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all,

Glad your enjoying my video. The holes do look a lot sketchyer then they were. I knew the whole time that I was under mining the big rocks and knew they were gonna start falling. Still gives a startle when it happens though. I like to undermine dredge like that because it helps everything break up when it all comes down. It works good when your following bedrock, not great when your just dredging a hole. In that video, I was just on the edge of my tailings, so when it came down it was coming with everything lose on top of it. Making it look much worse then it really was. I turned around and went the other direction the next morning. Which really helped, because I came across that nice patch of gold the next week.

If I wasn't in a steep valley, where everything has to be carried down and around a cliff, I would love to have a hot shower and fridge/frezzer. Anyone wanting to carry it down for me is welcome to the first cold beer and hot shower.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For shower paint a simple 5-25 gallon plastic/metal black and set it in the sun. A simple water cooler pump-requires battery =bummer or a simple coleman dish water pump-cheap camping supplies works fantastic. They have 5-7 gallon black bags that hang on a pole/tree and washes that away all that dead skin from rubbing against the wetsuit all day. Let mother nature heat it up. Zodi(walmart) makes propane showers also, BEST way to end the day clean and NOT have to sleep in a smelly sleeping bag-Party on gents, color me green with envy. tons a au 2 u 2-John...Small propane frigs even make ice or even better ICE CREAM sundays at the end of the day ROCK :headbang:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had that same Proline 5", same color pontoons, same motors, sold it to Dave Mac back in 2006. We had the 6" version also and sold it in 2007 just because we almost never took it out and because our 6" home built is so much lighter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread