Dredging screen

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On page 36 of their full catalog (It can be viewed online as a .pdf) It is called a high volume pressure outlet and works as a Y attachment to the high pressure output of your pump where it pumps to the jet log, not the built in hose bib connector. It makes the old blaster system look like a play toy.

That's NOT a blaster nozzle. You are describing a "Y" diverter.

W4MRK

Greenie
Dec 16, 2012
Kernersville, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It most certainly is a blaster system, and it works very well. Lots more pressure than the garden hose system.

To quote Keene's catalog "Create high pressure and high volume water from the pump for blasting out cracks, crevices and loosening debris."

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It most certainly is a blaster system, and it works very well. Lots more pressure than the garden hose system.

To quote Keene's catalog "Create high pressure and high volume water from the pump for blasting out cracks, crevices and loosening debris."

But that is not the blaster! It's just a higher volume water diverter. The blaster is what you hold in your hand to do the work. Besides, I would never want to steal that much water away from the jetlog.

W4MRK

Greenie
Dec 16, 2012
Kernersville, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-1250920865.jpg

This is not my setup, but belongs to another dredger from NC. My setup is identical other than I run a Gast compressor

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
I was wondering what keene's blaster thing looked like installed. Thanks

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tried to post a picture but can't get it to work

Looks like a y in a pipe coupler on your pump it would attach to your pump outlet 2" and kind of like your hose bib but it would be a y instead of a T

W4MRK

Greenie
Dec 16, 2012
Kernersville, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
But that is not the blaster! It's just a higher volume water diverter. The blaster is what you hold in your hand to do the work. Besides, I would never want to steal that much water away from the jetlog.

I use it as my blaster system, I hold it in my hand while using it. I notice zero loss of suction while using it, but usually when it is being used it is for slow work where it does not really matter anyway. You should really try it sometime, it eats hard pack like Honey Boo Boo eats chocolate donuts.

If not a blaster, then what other reason for it to exist and Keene sell it? They are even making some of their newer pumps with the Y built in and no hose bib connector at all.

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Wtf is a honey boo boo anyway. Is it that mentally handicapped child I keep seeing on the television?

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Tried to post a picture but can't get it to work

Looks like a y in a pipe coupler on your pump it would attach to your pump outlet 2" and kind of like your hose bib but it would be a y instead of a T

I look at that picture and think of a possible cheap power jet. Or is it not tapered enough to work?

W4MRK

Greenie
Dec 16, 2012
Kernersville, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it's tapered enough Jeff but it probably would not be ideal. Maybe shay could get you one to play around with

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure I used a friends on his it does ok but I'm not sure what type I never payed attention

But I my 6" I'm going to use a old pressure washer it's a monster I'm taking the wand off and making a gun
Think it will be a monster but guess we will see
It ha a13 hp Honda it 3500 at 6 gal a min might be a bit of over kill but oh we'll
I'd like to think some day ill tAke this thing to nome and drag it behind my small cabin cruiser it's 26' carver
But I'm probaly just dreaming
I'm not sure how far the closest port would be orwho long of a boat trip but I guess I'll just keep dreaming

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread