Drinkin.....

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drinkin'.....

A very important aspect of many cultures involves alcoholic ingestion. From the Mayans and their infatuation of Chocolate to the inhabitants of Appalacia, alcohol and the amount ingested is an interesting study.

What are the amounts ingested? What are the ages of those who imbibe? What are the detriments of alchohol consumption?

And, how does that effect me? Hic.... :tongue3:

Your thoughts...
Love ya, Man. No, really, I love ya, dude.... :tongue3:

You know that you got something to say....

Let it out!
I'll take notes! Where's my damn pencil?

Love Ya, Bro,
Scotttt :laughing7:

**HIC**

Lady Liberty

Feb 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Drinkin'.....

Nowadays I like Patron but can't drink as much as I used to without really feeling it the next day. But it is still works nicely to loosen things up from time to time. Lol.

I'm an only child and was sent off to visit with my cousins on weekends, a brother and sister, in another county well into my teens. We had a lot of fun times but they would get us into everything from lite beer to shine. The sister and I did some pretty dumb things not fit for being posted here but we came thru okay but her brother was not so lucky. He was never the sharpest knife in the drawer, always came up with the stupidest things to do, all in the name of fun. One night she stole their dad's pickup truck and towed her brother while he sat in a wheeled chair. He went off the road and smacked into a tree and sustained brain damage. He is still mostly functional but needs someone to keep him out of trouble, basically he can't see the risk in doing dangerous things. It was like a 25 watt bulb went to 10 watts. This behavior was fairly typical for the area too, there just wasn't much to do without having to drive a good clip.

But yes, I still like to imbibe to the point of feeling goooood on occasion. The amount varies widely, sometimes 3 shots will get me loopy while other times I can't seem to catch a buzz. My age, :nono: Detriments have been discussed above and it shouldn't affect you unless I start posting photos :o Nope, not happening. :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Who doesn't like a good drink once in a while :icon_scratch:

I grew up in NYC, experiencing drinking at an early age (preteens) going from beers and homemade wines to the harder stuff even before legal drinking age (Which was 18 at one point :laughing7: ) We never got out of control, but we did get sick at some point :tongue3:

I was never one for beer, had it mostly in the 60's, then once again in the late 70's... The only reason being it was towards the end of the night and I went through most of my money on vodka and couldn't afford another one, so I settled for a beer :laughing7:

As far as consumption, most nights out would range from 10-15 drinks without batting an :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_shaking2: :laughing7: Today, I split my drinking out, small 1/4-1/2 shots with cranberry juice for a whooping total of 2 drinks over the course of an evening :tongue3:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

I think my alcoholism (not my drinking), started when I moved into a large house with multiple roommates when I was young. The city water in that area of town was HORRIBLE tasting. I woke in the middle of the night, thirsty and not wanting to drink the water, opened the fridge and downed a great tasting can off beer that put me right back to bed.

Now, my drink of choice is a bourbon. Generally every night. It lightens my evenings. It's a great tool I've learned to rely on when I need to wind down.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My b-day was 2 days ago. I turned 50 and I don't have a clue how I got this old :laughing7: :laughing7:

I do know I had a drink in my hands most days of my life!!

drank like a fish when younger, kicked into slower mode as I got older, now I don't drink much. don't like it as much. not like the old parties and such so it just isn't as useful to me anymore. but given the chance, hell yea I have a blast!

I drink it all but choice is a good beer or bacardi. scared of whiskey now. one night whiskey nailed me to the floor. just the smell sends shivers down my spine and a gag reflex happens. hmm..whatever whiskey did to me that night will never be forgotten :laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I remember one Beer, & 1 Rum & Coke
since I hit 29

I'm 56 now

Drinks of choice were Southern Comfort,
& Molson Chasers before that. but only on nights out.
I Never drank at home, or alone.

Every once in awhile I'm tempted to look for a Good Foreign
Beer that is nice & Thick & tastes like Beer really Should,
not 90% water like the Domestic stuff tastes.
But Never bother. I Usually think about it when I Remember
I could actually sleep Back then, after a good drunk,
& wake up refreshed ;D

I Think Hangovers are a Myth.
they were for me.

Lady Liberty : Pics Please :D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My family is Scot-Irish, Native American, and Mexican. There is absolutely not a one of us who could be a designated driver. Well, it's not quite that severe. These days if I have time I'll drink only beer. On hard liquor, I was one of those guys that everyone started thinkin 'My God, why don't he pass out?' If I was an alcoholic, which I ain't (denial, alas, the first sign) I would unfortunately be a very highly functional alcoholic. 3.2 beer just makes me sleepy. And have to go to the bathroom a lot. And luckily for me, at 10,000 ft. altitude, 2 beers equals the punch of six back in Oklahoma, so I save money.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got drunk last night, but have no fear! I took a bus home. I arrived home safe and warm, which seemed really surprising since I had never driven a bus before.

I still don't remember much from last night but the fact that I needed sunglasses to open the fridge this morning tells me it was awesome :thumbsup:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

spartacus53 said:
Got drunk last night, but have no fear! I took a bus home. I arrived home safe and warm, which seemed really surprising since I had never driven a bus before.

I still don't remember much from last night but the fact that I needed sunglasses to open the fridge this morning tells me it was awesome :thumbsup:
Ammature :tongue3: Us pro's don't suffer memory loss or hangovers . :laughing9:
How much do you expect to get out of the bus ?

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quote:
"Got drunk last night, but have no fear! I took a bus home. I arrived home safe and warm, which seemed really surprising since I had never driven a bus before.

I still don't remember much from last night but the fact that I needed sunglasses to open the fridge this morning tells me it was awesome"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drivin' a BUS? Is that all? Drivin' a freakin' bus... ? :D
Sheesh....Kids.... ::)

Wanna hear the story of stealing (well, joyriding...) a military jet and gettin' away with it?
Bet ya do! :thumbsup:

{*Hmmm... (scratches head) Is that the story that includes the UFO?*}

'Scuse me, someone's knockin' at the door... :dontknow:

Be right back....

Best,
Scott

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

My favorite beer lately is Dirty Bastard by Founders Brewery, GR Michigan. It's a 9%ABV, scotch ale. Not for the timid. My all-time favorite is HopSlam by Bell's. Seasonal brew, very expensive and very tasty.
My buddies at work all make fun of my beers, saying that I need a fork to drink 'em. These guys are he-man macho types that can't stomach anything more than their "lite" beer. I just don't get it...but they can keep their beer-water, I mean Budweiser.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AU24K said:
Quote:
"Got drunk last night, but have no fear! I took a bus home. I arrived home safe and warm, which seemed really surprising since I had never driven a bus before.

I still don't remember much from last night but the fact that I needed sunglasses to open the fridge this morning tells me it was awesome"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drivin' a BUS? Is that all? Drivin' a freakin' bus... ? :D
Sheesh....Kids.... ::)

Wanna hear the story of stealing (well, joyriding...) a military jet and gettin' away with it?
Bet ya do! :thumbsup:

{*Hmmm... (scratches head) Is that the story that includes the UFO? *}

'Scuse me, someone's knockin' at the door... :dontknow:

Be right back....

Best,
Scott

Nope. That's another story.

Dang! There's the door again. :BangHead: (You'd think that they'd have learned by now...)

Hang on....
"Sparty, is that you?"

Best,
Scott

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't drink anything stronger than Pop!
..............Course he drank moonshine. :tongue3:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

In my late teens, I use to take 2 cases of Boh to parties in the pines. one for the party and one for me. But as I passed the teen stage I realised that it did nothing for me but made me sleepy. I don't drink now, of course I am addicted to COFFEE. :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:
Frank

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I come from a pretty good genetic stock, forged by harsh environment and genetic selection. My family crossed the plains poor in '49, since there was no "Cash for Clunkers", and since they couldn't afford a horse, they just pulled their own dang wagon across the U.S. A lot of them died. Cholera, colds turning into pneumonia from the icy freezing prairie winds, accidents that turned infectious. a little later the Spanish Influenza epidemic.... But the two thirds that didn't die were sturdy, having been exposed to all forms of environmental stress that could kill them. But you see, the one environmental factor they were not exposed to for six generations, was the metabolizing of alcohol in their Irish blood. My family were Mormons, abstainers, and after 6 generations, I was the first to pop a cork. The the first time I slugged down a shot, my belly went warm, the amber glow rose to my head, and floating down Whiskey River I swear I heard the sound of an Angel choir. "Hallelujah"! I said to myself, "this is for me". It was the answer and it made me everything I wasn't. It was like Magic...... I was off to the races, honky tonkin' and living all over the West, and I didn't catch my breath til I was 50. I could get so drunk on beer I would hallucinate, or I could put down a half gallon of vodka by myself and still have some composure. I NEVER passed out, but I sure seemed to take a lot of naps if I polished off a fifth too quick. I woke up in multi-million dollar Condos, and I woke up behind dumpsters, while kids were poking me with sticks and saying " Hey Mister, are you dead"? "NO! You dang kids",... "just taking a nap!" I loved everything: Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Vodka, and I have to admit, I really did have a great time,....at first, But as the years rolled by, I was miserable, the 5 day hangovers were legendary, my life was a shambles, and I made my up mind up to quit...That wasn't so easy! It took me ten years of trying... but I finally did..........Now I've been sober 4 years, and ironically, I absolutely love it. Now days, I'M the Designated Driver, and my only bar line is: "Honey, you're SMASHED!.. I think I need to take you home!" When I look in my wallet, there's all this money in there...HUH?... what's the heck is that doing there?, that should have been gone days ago. LOL...OH, isn't drinking just grand!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread