drop riffle highbanker

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Go to the Angus MacKirk website and click on highbankers and scroll down to the Excalibur. I've had one since last year. Works real good although I made a new spray bar for it. Doug.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im working on one right now.I have a black a.b.s. no-name sluice that is sold at my local hardware store,I've only seen them there, they've been selling mining supplies since the 1850s so that might explain a little... its inside width is around eight inches by three feet long with nine angle drops and two nugget traps.The sluice starts with eight to ten inches of slick plate, wich I extended with the hopper wash area im adding making an overall length of around four feet, yet still light. I made a stand with adjustable legs its wood and metal,the next one will be all metal.I have a 1.5 inch pump due here anyday, I have two 12v that im sending back one came cracked and I could see right away they just wouldn't cut it. I got my pump for $135.00 from Harbor Freight with a coupon and FREE shipping $147 bucks after tax :o :headbang:. Of course you wan't pics Well your gonna have to wait :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Its dark and i have some finishing touches.Hey to the guys who know wher do I get a foot valve?Or the parts to make one :help:

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Cloudwalker has a really nice one he built. Check it out:

http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?topic=5055.0

I been toying with the idea of one, but I really like the fluidized bed high-bankers as well.

And then of course, I have a small recirculating drop riffle I use when theres not enough water to pan:

Its not quite a highbanker but good enough for sampling 4 mesh screened material. And it has caught some nice gold. I keep it in a military duffel bag with the hoses and pump and for the battery I use a portable device made for jumping a car which lasts about 6 hours of continuous running.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread