SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Its been an interesting week with barely any detecting. The red drum are from my yearly trip to the OBX ocracoke island to catch up some red drum! Had to wait for the very last day to get em but they were gotten ;D Next are pics from my outing today with my buddy Artyfacts and my mom doing a little bushwacking in the pines. Mom got what I thought was an amazing coin from all the yelling and screaming but turns out she nearly stepped on this little beauty of a Pinesnake. Been wanting to catch one of these for years. Very friendly snake didn't try and bite me once. A Good 5-6 footer! Ended the day with my first flying eagle penny in somewhat good shape. 1858. Funny thing is earlier in the day Arty pulled one out too. Hit a bunch of cellar holes but it was evident that we were'nt the first ones on the scene. Nothing but Iron left. All in all a good week. Those soy beans should be down soon :hello2: :hello2:

35"er
PA170571.jpg

40"er
PA170573.jpg

6 footer
PA230583.jpg

Shovel Nose for diggin neat plugs...
PA230584.jpg

Fleagle
PA230585.jpg

PA230586.jpg

Upvote 0

sneaky6

Aug 14, 2007
Deep Dug Hole, VA
Nice Red!! Great time of year to fish down in OBX!! What did you catch it on? I wish detecting was allowed down there. I'll be casting my line down that way very soon but not soon enough.

Thanks for the post!!
Sneaky6

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Sneaky. 8/0 Circle hook with a short leader. :icon_thumleft: Fishfinder slide and a 6 Oz Frog tongue wait. Low tide on cut finger mullet. Just the mid section. Cut the head and tail off and double hook it burying the hook. Cant go wrong :icon_thumleft:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice pics and a sweet FE too!

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I often wondered about how many snakes you find in those old cellar holes, as I dont hunt them.

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Coilfisher lots of critters out in the woods around here. Nothing to worry about except the timber rattlers but they are a rare find. Even if it was a rattler Id still have a nice pic of me holding it up...But more gingerly... :tongue3:

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great day hunting with you and your Mom. The pickens were slim but two eagles, mine a 1857, and Moms snake yell were well worth it. We will getem next time...

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY HELL THOSE ARE SOME NICE RED FISH :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I LOVE Reds, one of my favorite things to fish for, that's a damn fine day out right there

man!!! Beautiful KEEPERS :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14: What did you catch them on? Squid, shrimp, clams? Yeah that's a big'un for a Pine Snake. Tell your mom "Nice

Flying Eagle" too, next time your down in the area shoot me an email or PM and I'll take you out around here.

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys. Hey Sentinel she didn't find the Flying Eagle only the snake under her feet lol :laughing9: On my way back from NC I was drooling over the beautiful fields in SE Virginia...On the eastern shore there are TONS of historical houses and fields. I even saw one field with the chimney stack smack in the of a well groomed field falling apart. If give a kidney to hunt them all. :tongue3:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post Jim ! Nice wildlife shots and congrats on the Eagles ! M.R.

DIGGING1971GUY

May 20, 2011
Beautiful bulls ,I caught a 49lb bull down in the Indian river a bit from new Smyrna beach Florida
Caught it on a whole live blue crab off the bank ,something I will never forget

About 100yrds down from the mouth of where mosquito lagoon is ,that spot has monsters in it
and huge black bass .

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SouthJerseyJim said:
Thanks guys. Hey Sentinel she didn't find the Flying Eagle only the snake under her feet lol :laughing9: On my way back from NC I was drooling over the beautiful fields in SE Virginia...On the eastern shore there are TONS of historical houses and fields. I even saw one field with the chimney stack smack in the of a well groomed field falling apart. If give a kidney to hunt them all. :tongue3:

Come on down sometime and we'll go to a few. There's a property over there I've been meaning to go and detect with two big fields and a house dating from the 1840s :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread