Dry December

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So really haven't had much rain this fall. kinda disappointing.. I been wanting to get up higher on the hills but until the rains I got no water to do any real prospecting up high.. So I have been playing closer to river.. Walking the river is slow these days. the bedrock is frozen and not to be underestimated. Just better to be sure on your footing then it is to be wet.. Anyway Ive been out and about for the last 4 days.. I cant say I struck it rich yet but for the most part staying outta trouble.. Yesterday Joe stopped in for the day and we hit the same crack that we found on his last trip about 3 weeks ago.. The morning was cold so we pitched rocks for the first hour just to get our blood pumping. We had a pretty decent day.. Found some nice gold and neither of us is any worse for the wear.. So all in all not much more to ask for.. The river was up a little bit from the last time so crossing was a little more challenging.. Well other then that not a lot goin on. Just another week just another year for that matter.. Anyway I hope everyone is staying warm and finding some gold and the holidays treat ya well..

Upvote 0

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
been on frozen bedrock before.
worst part is my frozen fingers panning. don't like gloves for working.
still, I been wishing I was up there in the river canyon, eveen with no visible sun for months, it seems appealing right now.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showed up Saturday at 11am to frosty bedrock and ice. That stuff is slick as snot! To be respected for sure.

Great video as always! I got a special request. Make a video with a song from Justin Johnson. When I heard this song i thought of gold mining.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video, loved it, made me want to get up and dance !! We're snowed in supposed to be around 0 tonight here in NC mountains including wind chill.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gentlemen thankyou for your comments.. Cant say a whole lot goin on.. Just getting ready for xmas.. Tomorrow I got a opportunity to play on some private property near Michigan Bluff on one of the creeks.. Its gonna be pretty cold tomorrow. 45 as a high.. So I better dress warm. Its likely I wont be back to Christmas eve.. I am looking forward to check out the property as it has lots of history and accounts of good gold in the area. Guy bought the property in 1980 so it hasn't seen any prospectors in some time.. All I know is one day will not be enough.. Never is.. After that I suspect I will head down to my normal stomping grounds and try to strike it rich and not freeze do death.. Anyway no new vids I can post.. Just how it is.. Some of you may be surprised how competitive prospecting can be.. But some words of advice : Secrets and lies are a prospectors friend.. Anyway here are a few vids of a couple years ago of me messing around in winter.. Actually I am just fond of the tunes in the vids..

All vids done in December of 2013 I think..
Oh and here is one of Joe Braving the river.

Who could ask for a better life? Well anyway I hope you gentlemen are all set up for XMAS and the holiday is a good one.. Ill catch up with ya all a little after xmas..
Until then find some gold and be safe ..

Mytimetoshine.. I wish I could but copyright issues.. though I do have an individual who can throw down pretty good on a Hobos harp and he is gonna do some sountracks for a few of my vids . So that will be fun for him and me. Anyway thanks for suggestion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread