Dry spell errr I mean DROUGHT is over!!!!

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boxes 1-47 had nothing. That is right $23,500 of skunks. Well box 48 broke the dry spell with two 67's and one 64 Kennedy!!! Thanks for looking.
Box 49 wasnt bad either.
P3250008.JPG

Upvote 0

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
I was on a HUGE drought myself, $16000 with nothing until today, a proof...no silver yet but I have $4000 more coming this week

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Glad the drought broke for you. That was a rough streak number. How many boxes do you order a week? Just wondering how many weeks worth of searching that is. HH

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Cincy. Seems like a lot of Ohio is under some pretty skunky conditions.

OP
OP
O

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad the drought broke for you. That was a rough streak number. How many boxes do you order a week? Just wondering how many weeks worth of searching that is. HH

Was doing 4 a week then I took a break for about a month and a half then did 1 week with one and this is second week back up to two a week.

Last edited:

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was doing 4 a week then I took a break for about a month and a half then did 1 week with one and this is second week back up to two a week.

Hope that's a good sign for you after taking a break. Funny I took a break for a month and have an order coming in this week. Hopefully as you get your volume back up your finds increase. HH

OP
OP
O

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope that's a good sign for you after taking a break. Funny I took a break for a month and have an order coming in this week. Hopefully as you get your volume back up your finds increase. HH

I don't think I will get back up to 4 a week. I can only make it to my dump bank once a week and have a $1000 budget set aside for hunting. The limiting factor here is that the bank closes at 4pm all week accept Friday (6pm) and Saturday the head teller that has the room for the bags of halves is not there. I can't seem to get boxes of dimes anywhere lately so been doing CRW dimes and those have been dry since 2012. I avg. about 800-1k of those a week.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel your pain OtraVez. Those of us that have to work while banks are open will probably not get to do very high volume. Your streak is worse than mine. I had a $15,000 span where I only found 2 40%'s. At one box a week, that was more than 1/2 a year of effort for about $8 in finds. (-: It is all about the fun of the hunt though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread