NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check around right now - lot of places have clearances or sales
you might even look for good used (only guys here are rough on them) - you can find guys that tried them and only used a few times
if I have the time this weekend - will do some searching for you too

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, What will you be using the suit for if not diving in scuba? Are you certified NAOI or ?? I ask because the best deals I found was when I took a fresher course in NAOI and ended up with a Titainium lined dry suit but i was diving in the pacific ocean often, wet suit was not enough in 56*F water for 1-2hr periods.

Diving instructors usually Know who or where to get the deals on suits, check with your locals first...Ya might get a great price on lightly used suit.. Good Luck.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember when buying used that it will need a Beyond Good cleaning. EVERYONE pees in their suits, I don't care how much they deny it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember when buying used that it will need a Beyond Good cleaning. EVERYONE pees in their suits, I don't care how much they deny it.

Thats wetsuits. People dont pee in dry suits. The lengths they go through is long and not always appropriate for a family forum, LOL

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many to choose from. Very expensive to moderately expensive. All hundreds more than a wet suit. Any recommendations. Will not be used for scuba

Look for a good, used shell suit. I have even seen guys use re-purposed survival drysuits for wading and detecting.

Things to keep in mind for drysuit use, a shell suit lets you use it comfortably in all water temps. When the water and weather get cold you can (and must) add thermal layers to stay warm. Even without thermals, you must use a weight belt or weight vest or you'll be bobbing like a cork in the waves. The thicker the thermals, the more weight you need to stay stable. Lastly, back to the "peeing" comment above, you need to be prepared during long hunts. If you are curious how, visit a drysuit section of a diving forum and spend a few hours reading. This is the place where wetsuits rule, you CAN pee in them and then flush water through it without ever leaving the water.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
So many to choose from. Very expensive to moderately expensive. All hundreds more than a wet suit. Any recommendations. Will not be used for scuba

Can't add to much to above, I've been thru a few drysuits and just like waders you have to know how to repair them. It's taken me several years to get a setup where I can hunt 4 hours in low 30 degree waters and be totally warm, chest deep. My best advice is if you do get a drysuit get a Light Monkey P Valve.

KIMG0084.jpg

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats wetsuits. People dont pee in dry suits. The lengths they go through is long and not always appropriate for a family forum, LOL
Ive known a few that pee'd their dry suit and it became a wet suit - Know a few that have shat their dry suits too - they had the runs and could not get out of it fast enough :tongue3:

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive known a few that pee'd their dry suit and it became a wet suit - Know a few that have shat their dry suits too - they had the runs and could not get out of it fast enough :tongue3:

:laughing9: Lol the older I get the more I can relate!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: Lol the older I get the more I can relate!
I could never wear a dry suit - severe diabetic - I pee every 45 mins.- 1 hr - so
I wet myself a lot - when I water hunt

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LOL, yeah you keep telling yourself that. But I sure aint buying any used dry OR wet suit. I have met members of the general public.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Hey Tom, think I met you for the first time on the Cape couple winters ago when we both had dry suits on. I use a Hollis dry suit that's sold to fire rescue departments. Neoprene to the waist then nylon topped with front cross chest zipper. It is sock foot so I wear a large pair boots that have three buckles. If I get to buoyant a simple pull at the neoprene neck seal releases the air. Bought mine on feebay and it's worked great leaving me enough room to wear my old north face down coat as a thermal. I think I paid $180 plus 20 shipping. I'll shoot ya a pm if I can find the seller info. I know they had the same suit last year might have a pic. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1509934150.720114.jpg

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tom, think I met you for the first time on the Cape couple winters ago when we both had dry suits on. I use a Hollis dry suit that's sold to fire rescue departments. Neoprene to the waist then nylon topped with front cross chest zipper. It is sock foot so I wear a large pair boots that have three buckles. If I get to buoyant a simple pull at the neoprene neck seal releases the air. Bought mine on feebay and it's worked great leaving me enough room to wear my old north face down coat as a thermal. I think I paid $180 plus 20 shipping. I'll shoot ya a pm if I can find the seller info. I know they had the same suit last year might have a pic. View attachment 1512951

Thats an awesome price! Shoot me the contact info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread