Dry times

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times the well dries up. Have not had good luck for a few years now. Last year I had a chance to do some searching in South America. Negative for results. The larger hole was interesting, within an old room, at about 9 feet deep we found plastic objects from the past 5 years and the dirt was softer in an area = someone beat us to it.

I dont know about you all, but I still enjoy doing this, I guess the search is half the enjoyment.

Attachments

• cache hole 1.JPG
    cache hole 1.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 807
  • cache hole 3.JPG
    cache hole 3.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 801
  • cache hole 2.JPG
    cache hole 2.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 801

garyv_bautista

Jul 21, 2006
Mindanao, Philippines
To Gflores71,
Hi how is your excavation? You had an interesting pictures especially to your 2 detectors.
May I know on how did you arrived to the said site you were digging? What kind of detection you had pointed, is it gold, silver, metal or coin?
May i know if you are a Filipino? because as what i had seen in your pictures, your diggers looks Filipinos. I am a Filipino. and i invite you to visit my thread. GOOD LUCK!!!!

OP
OP
gflores71

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born in Bolivia, South America. The guys in the pictures are workers hired for the job and are native Bolivians. Digging holes like that is no fun. History and other clues where used in two, the other where you see the 3 detectors was located by a LRL, so I had to prove the user wrong by digging it despite the TM808, DFX and XL pro reading nothing.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting! I've been fascinated with the history of the Inca empire in Ecuador and Peru since I was a little kid and read a story in a treasure magazine. I don't have the background or experience to ever go out there on my own to do any searching, but it doesn't mean I don't dream about it and love to hear stories about it.

It's funny to read some of the treasure stories that abound about Peru and Ecuador from this side of "the pond" as you get the feeling that there's gold, silver, emeralds and diamonds just about anywhere you look :) The reality of it is FAR different I'm sure!!

I've thought about spending 2-4 weeks volunteering to help in an archeological dig over there one day. I work with someone who's wife is an archeologist and has contacts in Peru. I just have to save up some money and at least learn a little Spanish first :)

I hope your luck gets better!

OP
OP
gflores71

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find copper bracelets and other small items very easily. I found 4 last year, two in each arm of the mummy. They were covered with dirt and heavy, but after cleaning they were clearly copper. We were 4 people at the site, so I ended up with only one.

I usually go after colonial period caches or more recent ones, 1600's and on

Wildfirefighter72

Jan 14, 2007
Colorado
gflores71 said:
You can find copper bracelets and other small items very easily. I found 4 last year, two in each arm of the mummy. They were covered with dirt and heavy, but after cleaning they were clearly copper. We were 4 people at the site, so I ended up with only one.

I usually go after colonial period caches or more recent ones, 1600's and on
Not too cool to take things off a dead person, even if it is a mummy... might bring about some bad karma.

underground

Aug 3, 2005
tenderfoot - that's funny....................... :D :D :D

shows - how much time i spend on this forum.................. ;) :D 8)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because it hasn't been said yet...
"Whites strikes again!" lol :D

Bran <><

OP
OP
gflores71

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wont blame the machine as I need to walk over it to detect it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread