Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondike here...

I have used in the past, a large and deep cast iron skillet or bucket.... heated over a good quality Bar-B-Q..with gas heat, stir now and then... and once nearly dry, pour into another heat resistance container...and add additional wet cons to the heated iron skillet...

Gold will not stick to a cast iron container... unless the skillet is "dirty"...make sure it is very, very clean and has NO oils embedded in it... heat it a few times without anything in it to "fire" out any oils in the iron from cooking use....

Once your iron pot is hot.. it won't take long to dry the cons... Please do this out side in case of any toxic fumes from the cons...

Hope that helps...

Klondike...

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I do have a propane gas cooker but not a cast iron pot, I have an aluminum one that is used for cooking things like seafood. Any thoughts on that?

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.........CAST IRON.......

Klondike

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
jog said:
Well I do have a propane gas cooker but not a cast iron pot, I have an aluminum one that is used for cooking things like seafood. Any thoughts on that?
Jog youll never get all the grease out of it and itll contaminate your gold!listen to Klondike!

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, was just wondering. I will see if I can find a cast iron tub that I can use on the cooker that I have.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
this thread got my wanting to screen my cons so i started gathering my "stuff" only to find out that someone is still using my screens that they borrowed and didnt remeber to return before i left that state. now i just got to make do with what i have and just get over it!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen Russau-lent---and lost---enough equipment and books to start a mining store and most of it got "reallocated" also :dontknow: John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well if this is what its going to cost me to rid myself of that kind of person(of low charactor) then itll be a cheap lesson!i better start keeping a better eye on my "stuff" than ive been doing. when i go out with a groups, i lose something, weither its 5 gallon buckets,screens,pans or even my cons.hey and sometimes i end up with someones spatchula (Leonard),ill give it to him at dredgeing season next year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread