Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, another almost ridiculous day.

Drinking my morning coffee I thought about where to go detect today. Close at hand were the gold bracelet and sterling ring I found recently. They are both old and the were pretty deep in the wet sand. Right then and there I decided that there must be more and returned to that beach.

The unusual condition is a gravel substratum which apparently contains the old "stuff". My first half hour was not very productive just a lot of iron. I went up a bit higher on the slope and turned back. Very strangely not many coins. Then...from not that deep...maybe 5"..what looked like a ring (or pulltab). A quick silent prayer which was answered promptly when I took a close look. Small diamonds, perhaps 20 of them and it was gold for sure...but no markings. It's a small ring at 1.5 grams.

What a great feeling with that ring in my special valuables pocket. It was too early to quit so I continued on. Another ring, silvery this time in my scoop. A silent prayer...but unfortunately it turned into a key ring. A few bits and pieces of junk jewelery gave me some encouragement. Then from about another 5" a ring and no prayer necessary this time..it was a ring with rubies! It has a very old and interesting appearance. Very light at 0.94 grams but a keeper.

I have a "TOO DOO" list (more serious than a "To Do" list) that I review each evening. The last item I had on there for today was: Find Gold. Tonight I can scratch that one off (but of course it is back on for tomorrow)..

There's something spookily different and interesting about my new White's Surfmaster Dual Field ... it finds Gold with an almost ridiculous regularity! DSC01274a sm.jpgDSC01271a sm.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice haul!!

Very nice! That new detector is being very good to you!

Very nice post Joe. :icon_thumleft: I like the Too Doo list thing.

Id say the Dr is in.... the money and a darn good stop. Nice finds. You keep finding that stuff you are going to push me into that DF im really wanting.

Dew

Congrats on the 2 nice gold ring finds Dr. Joe.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Nice double gold...congrats.

Beautiful ring finds, Dr. Joe!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back