dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think putting people down or certain comments made are "whats wrong with our country". And yes I know the whole freedom of speech thing.

Well if u would see thw rifraf that are sporting duck dynasty shirts. They are the last people u want with a detector.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think putting people down or certain comments made are "whats wrong with our country". And yes I know the whole freedom of speech thing.

Who put anyone down? Personally I like the DD show and it's cast. There are plenty of people who don't like them. EVERYONE is free to their own opinions. You not agreeing doesnt make it an insult.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Well I guess it's the #1 show for a reason? I don't think it would be if made outside the South?
Of course we have the best down here.. if it's worth having. So I can see how the "outsiders" are jealous!:laughing7:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just lookin through my new western eastern treasure mag and saw they jave a duck dynasty detector. That's all this hobby needs is every redneck and hill billy wondering around with a detector.
Lol! Too late!! I kind of liked the show at first but it gets old seeing how dumb we can act over and over and over! FYI not everyone in the south acts the way we're portrayed in these shows.

Last edited:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crap, I got caught up in one of the T-Net shoot outs! :laughing7:

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Too late!! I kind of liked the show at first but it gets old seeing how dumb we can act over and over and over! FYI not everyone down south acts the way we're portrayed in these shows.

I know its just not in the south. I live in PA and it might honestt be worse up here.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The secular progressives don't like to hear anything about religion. They want it out of our society.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a hillbilly and not offended at all. Now if you called me a red neck I would have to get all mad at ya. There is a difference to me. No matter, I would like to see one of the detectors so I can see for myself if they work or not.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good. The duck dynasty guys all have great educations and had already made millions before the show. They are not your typical red necks. I think they just do it for fun as the really do not need the money. Their duck calls made them a fortune. It is their values and beliefs that make them popular in my opinion. They stand by what that believe in.
Now that they have a detector maybe they will join t-net to learn how to use it? I would be glad to have them as members.

36671_1306296784028_2124478_n-1 copy.jpg

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It not going to be much of a shoot out... Yankees can't shoot worth a darn!:laughing7:
I'm a Yankee and can shoot the eye out of a bird flying that's why we won .I think I may have just thrown a rock at a bees nest

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I'm a Yankee and can shoot the eye out of a bird flying that's why we won .I think I may have just thrown a rock at a bees nest

Well look'e here.. found me a typical misinformed Yankee! From NY too!! (I crack myself up!):laughing7:

No Joe Joe... the North won because they out numbered the Rebs 2 to 1, no because they could shoot!

I still love ya like a brother.... sometimes.:laughing7:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well look'e here.. found me a typical misinformed Yankee! From NY too!! (I crack myself up!):laughing7: No Joe Joe... the North won because they out numbered the Rebs 2 to 1, no because they could shoot! I still love ya like a brother.... sometimes.:laughing7:
Sometimes?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I don't understand the sudden concern. Over the last 20 years metal detecting has been a swiftly growing hobby, especially so in the last 5 - 10 years. Superstores started carrying them years ago, a few manufacturers producing the same line/model of machines for the mass market. Point is, just about anyone wanting a detector has had full and easy access/exposure to them for years. So what if they offer a Duck Dynasty or even a Honey Boo-Boo, don't let it get into your head because the hobby started getting mass marketed long ago. They're just putting another new face on what's already in place. Like all fads, this to will slowly die.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's to much work for to little return to keep most people involved .

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know its just not in the south. I live in PA and it might honestt be worse up here.
You didn't have to tell us where your from...we already knew.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw a picture of the cast of Duck Dynasty taken a few years ago, all clean shaven and wearing matching white sweaters, looked like and ad for J Crew not the bearded overall family you see on TV, thats all show for the show. Another phony reality show.
If you think the Robinsons are fake and aren't rednecks, you've got a lot to learn.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if u would see thw rifraf that are sporting duck dynasty shirts. They are the last people u want with a detector.
Ive been called worse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions