Duck NC

Honeyman

Apr 5, 2015
Cleveland OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from Duck NC and wanted to thank all those who offered advice for the questions I asked prior to going on vacation with my Tesoro Silver uMax.

The good news: the sand sand shovel I made out of an emergency snow shovel worked great (see thread in "the tool shed"). Also, the Silver uMax worked very well even in wet packed sand as long as I didn't get within 5 feet of where the waves started to receede. I was in all metal mode, sensetivity at about 1/2 way down from max, and only dug signals that repeated with passes at right angles.

The bad news: although I found things in the wet sand from almost the waters edge all the way up to the dry sands near the dunes, i didn't find anything "cool"! About a buck in clad, one religeous token, fishing tackle, rusty screws and nails, and a whole lot of bottle caps! An oh yeah, it was 100+ degrees 3 days in a row.

But it was still fun. One pf these days I'll find something worthy of posting a picture of.
For now it's back to dry land hunting in northern Ohio!

Upvote 0

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strong work! If you had placed your coil over gold in the right place, you would have found it.

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NC dept. of sanitation thank you for your volunteer help! That is usually what I tell people who ask me if I am finding anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread