Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

Just wondered if anybody has come across this problem I had with the Dues. Whilst detecting a stubble field on Sunday the detector started having a fit, only this only happened on a certain part of the field about 20 yards wide. A fiend detecting with me using a etraq had the same problem, he said it was mineralisation, but I'm not convinced because even when I put the detector down(not swinging) it still went off on one?

Tried using different setting to no avail, I have experienced heavy iron contamination before on fields in certain areas but nothing like this before, there were telephone cables near by this area, but it only affected the detector on one side of these, even under the cables there was no interference...what the hell.:icon_scratch:

Mod's this might be the wrong forum, please move if it is.:occasion14:

SS

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had this happen while swinging area above buried electrical service,on every machine I have owned.seems possible.

DanWho

Feb 16, 2016
IOWA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium and
Whites Eagle II S (yes its older than some of the young'uns here)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could also be a fertlizer spill or heavy concentration in the area which is my best guess. I don't think pesticide or herbicide would have a detector go nuts.

Could also be that all the worms got into eating lodestone, because of that they were all attracted to each other and congrigated in that location wriggling and squirming trying to get away from each other and the magnetic field is created by their movement. Could also be an alien landing field. :laughing7:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't own a Deus or an Etrac, but since both were affected in the same way, there was an anomaly of some sort there. Electric fences and buried " dog " fences have always bothered every detector I have used.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own a Deus or an Etrac, but since both were affected in the same way, there was an anomaly of some sort there. Electric fences and buried " dog " fences have always bothered every detector I have used.
I thought buried cable as well, seems possible.:thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this happen while swinging area above buried electrical service,on every machine I have owned.seems possible.
I can relate to this being the problem, thing is the field is open countryside and I can't see any electrical device being buried there.:icon_scratch:

SS

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the crash site of a ufo and it may still be under the ground.....check carefully

DanWho

Feb 16, 2016
IOWA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium and
Whites Eagle II S (yes its older than some of the young'uns here)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another possibility is an underground pump station or relay station for a pipeline. They are pretty good sized. I saw one getting buried many years ago.

Was it irregular sounding or sides fairly smooth sounding?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think old Dude is on to something with some kind of elec interference .Awhile back I was hunting a place and my fisher 1270 would do what you where describing just in this one little area.Come to find out the guy who owned this big house across the street was ex F.B.I , I think he must have had some kind of base station and I might have been catching the waves from it?the house was a good ways away from where I was too.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think old Dude is on to something with some kind of elec interference .Awhile back I was hunting a place and my fisher 1270 would do what you where describing just in this one little area.Come to find out the guy who owned this big house across the street was ex F.B.I , I think he must have had some kind of base station and I might have been catching the waves from it?the house was a good ways away from where I was too.
You could be right...The sound coming from the machine sounds like when one is badly balanced, constant chattering in the headphones, even when motionless.:thumbsup: It can only be some sort of electrical interference in my opinion. The sound gradually fades as you go up the slope away from the nearby road, the area in question is about 30 yards square.

SS

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that if it was some type of electrical utility that causes an electrical surge, then it would have to be high voltage. I remember detecting a NYC park that was above a Subway line.
These trains are driven by a 600 volt 3rd rail. I couldn't get the detector to settle down.
Now, I'm not saying that there is a high voltage cable running under part of that field but it sounds like a common disturbance caused by above ground transformers or overhead high voltage wires. How deep would electrical lines have to be buried in a field that is plowed annually?
The only other thing I can think of is "Asgardian Interference." You didn't notice a well built, long blonde haired Viking with a big hammer walking around that field?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread