NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't stand it, had time to kill this morning so I went back to city park for a bit. I went over to a spot by the bayou trying to remember where one of the stages for voodoo fest was, and got in about an hour before the humidity was too much.

First find of the day was a large turtle headed for the road, so i took a minute to get him back over to the water. The ground is pretty much baked solid, I could barely get my digger into it, and the hard pack made cutting a decent plug and putting it back nice and difficult.

I managed to dig a few targets though, a tacklebox spill of a swivel, 3 splitshot and 2 cone sinkers, another cone hit by the mower, a .380, and .45 cal slug, 2 memorial pennies, and a completely fried wheat, with two big chunks including the date knocked off. Nothing spectacular, but that's the way it goes, and it beat sitting home waiting for work to call.

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bone dry here too...dirt is like cement. Yep, that humidity is yuck, at least you managed to get out and find a few things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions