Dug a Pistol today!!!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone. Today I went out for an evening hunt. I decided to take the ole F75 and go back over to a spot where I have dug a ton of 3 ring bullets and a General service eagle button. I wanted to dig a bullet or two, but what I dug this afternoon really surprised me. Was walking along and found a spot that was just full of iron signals..So I decided to start digging a few of them and see what I could come out with. They were all fairly shallow targets. First signal I dug was a nail. Covered the hole and dug the next signal. It rang in around a 12 or so. Strong overload. To my surprise I cut the plug and reaching it and grabbed what I thought was a small iron rod. Gave it a tug and out popped a freakin pistol. I could not believe it. Snapped a couple of pictures and moved on. Dug a pair of V nickels from the other side of the park as well today. Stayed out a couple of hours and dug a couple more wheat pennies then called it a day. I came home and ran the gun under some water and snapped you guys some pictures. I am going to find the fellow on here who has been cleaning up his axe heads so nicely and see if his method will work on this gun. I am getting away from electrolysis, because my results were not that great. I want this to clean up nicely. Thank you all for looking. zaxfire69

79119cd5.jpg

04c131be.jpg

e7b9ad0a.jpg

Upvote 2

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a new post guys with just pics from start to finish. I really don't think this was used in any foul play. I have found several hundred 3 ringers and a general service eagle button where this gun was found. Almost positive it was an outpost or a camp of some sort.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions