relichound

Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
432B3992-2A00-4C0C-89CF-B23C41C41A89.jpgYou Had the flu this entire week, only today felt myself. You know what a great cure for the flu? A good day digging, and digging is what I did. I detected for about 6 hours today at a well pounded camp and battle area that we’ve hit over the past 8-9 years.

i stayed in the woods the entire time and that made the difference; plus having a new machine, my new Garett AT MAX is proving to be a great envestment in November last year. I had the best bullet day I have had in years; finished with 15 bullets, 5 dropped .58 three ringers, 1 dropped Type I William cleaners and 9 fired .58s and enfield. I also dug one nice piece of the ring of the sabot and a cannon frag.

All bullets were deep 6-12 inches and mere whispers, but I knew enough that the whispers were all good targets. I cleared out all the rust tin cans and it was like detecting a virgin area all over again. Funny thing , the sabot ring was like 2 inches if that down, hit a good beep, kicked some leaves and saw brass and there she was.

lesson learned: hit the woods of your favorite site, it’s never hunted out and new machine can’t hurt either ����. HH

Wayne

Attachments

• CA776C48-AFAA-42FC-94B3-390DB9AEFE2D.jpeg
    CA776C48-AFAA-42FC-94B3-390DB9AEFE2D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Upvote 16
also it helps if you live in virginia instead of indy

Congratulations on a great hunt and surviving the flu!!

Love finding that CW lead. How deep were they? My Max was hitting my 3 ringers a foot down+ with my big coil. Congratulations on your great hunt.

thanks to smokeycat I did get to a CW area last year and got my once in a lifetime minieballs

I was out yesterday and dug a round ball, a small one about 45 to 50 caliber down 10". Couldn't believe it.

Good saves, anytime you can find civil war lead is a good day

Very nice digs. Love those old CW relics. We’ve got lots of old stuff up here in northern New England, but hardly any CW sites. Congrats on the early season finds.

John

Bulletts were all whispers 6-12 inches deep in the mid 70-80 range but I knew from VDI and tone they were all good targets. Ironically the brass sabot was like 2 inches , got a good brass beep licked some leaves and it was there .

Wayne, I was out last week and got a whisper tone. It was a complete 2" x 1" 17th century shoe buckle just over 9" deep. The newer model machines are kicking it.

Congratualtions on the nice CW relics! :occasion14:

Congratulations on a nice group of bullets.
People that say lead is bad for you don't know what they are talking about. LOL

Congrats on digging some great history.:thumb_up:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back