Dug a semi key date barber quarter at old farm today! 5 silvers in all!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day started off bad, Marty (Nonickels) and I were supposed to hunt a yard where the guy stripped off all his sod and tilled it all up, several silver and indians have been found here already. When we arrived, the company was there replanting so we were out of luck! :'(

So I asked Marty if he'd rather hunt a house in town or an old farm, we'd go knock doors. He said lets hit an old farm..........so off we went to the county. :tongue3:

I spotted a run down home that looked abandoned so we stopped at the neighbors to inquire if they knew the owners. Well we talked a bit and we got on the subject of just detecting her yard instead and boy am I glad we did!!, she said she had lived there 60 years and nothing was ever lost in her yard, but we were free to check anyhow. I love when they say that :hello2:
...........here is the house.

S6303397.jpg

anyhow the yard was so clean unlike most farms that are covered in iron. Very first target was a merc dime. Next target was the washington and rosie in same hole, then a wheat, then another....etc..........then I get a real deep and SOLID from all directions quarter signal, my depth meter was buried. I cut a HUGE plug and started digging, about 8" down I saw silver. I saw the reverse of the barber and called Marty over, and said hey come here and check this signal out. he walks over looks in the hole.....lol it was priceless the look on his face when he saw that barber 8" down laying perfectly flat in the bottom of the hole! :thumbsup:

1909O semi key date 712,000 minted. What do you think it grades?

After calming down from that excitement, I nabbed one more merc dime to make it a 5 silver day!

Also found this larger silver colored disk with oriental design, not sure what it is? anyone? Also found this stick that looks like it is made of bone, any ideas on that one as well?

9-01-09.jpg

5silver9-01-09.jpg

5silverreverse9-01-09.jpg

1909-OBarber.jpg

mysteryitem.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread