Dug and dug and still didnt get there...

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I used to get mad when I read tales where people got to the likely spot, dug and dug and then pooped out/ran out of time, etc. and left. Well...now it happened to me! After things warm up a bit and the ice is gone from the tree branches I'll be back.... FWIW-I got a little over 2' down and am now at the point I'll have to widen the hole to get any deeper.

Helluva bunch of work for what will likely turn out to be an old jeep hood or something equally disgusting! Lol!

Just commiserating really-I can't give details about the story since there have been many trespassers into this area over the years! Any time the story comes up I can literally see the result in cut fences, holes dug and general disturbance! Between the government thinking it owns everything and the unscrupulous ones trying to take things from under folks...it really is a quiet game we play!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just be glad that youre not in New England and have to deal with the 4 foot frost level:laughing9:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If it turns out to be a jeep hood, I'll give you $25 for it. I need one since that dammed tree jumped out in front of me at the ranch last year. And you may want to move a tad south, like 500 miles or so. Don't you realize that North Texas is only about 50 miles from the Canadian border according to my proud Texan map?

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lol!

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hit reply too quick.. My track record is uh, spotty on big targets so far. The first 'nitro' two box treasure turned out to be a drug store tin ceiling panel at about 3'. The next was a stovetop at about the same depth! Hehehe... I have no clue how either of those got where they were, but I had a hell of a time getting them in my finds pouch!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin, that tree must be related to the deers up here.

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Spring? Nah, this is Texas! We have all four seasons alternating each week! I'll be out there next week-too much work this week or I'd already be there!

Frank!! I want one of those 'other' days!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Spring? Nah, this is Texas! We have all four seasons alternating each week! I'll be out there next week-too much work this week or I'd already be there!

Frank!! I want one of those 'other' days!

See, there's another mistake. Never let work stand in the way of treasure hunting. Especially if you're young. You can work more when you get older and can't get around so good. Then good weather or bad, you stay home or just go to the mall for exercise and lunch. Hope you are still young and realize that there is always time to work...

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'd like to think I was still young! When I had a corporate job, low pay and lots of security, I could just take off and go. If I could afford it that week.. Now, at 49, I'm a refugee from the corporate world and have ZERO security BUT the money is getting better...WHEN I WORK! I'm cramming the work in this month so I'll have play money when things die down in January. Ya gots ta have a plan, man!

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree-never quit! On another note, I just picked up a two box. I've been using my buddy's master hunter but I found a good deal on a TM-808 with cave mode! More jeep hoods on the way... Ya hear that Austin?

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
hey pyledriver, will trade you a good used model A half of a hood from 3 feet down for the jeep hood.
talk about excitement, when we saw the handle sticking up (which was the first part seen) my first thought was a big box with a handle. this was in the middle of a large field and certainly not expected . well, better luck next time i always say.
be good , santa clawz is a' comin'.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread