Dug Everything Today But The 1851 SWB Plate & on the cover of W & E Treasures Again!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug Everything Today But The 1851 SWB Plate & on the cover of W & E Treasures Again!!

We were supposed to have a break from the mid 90s with lower humidity in Tennessee today after a cool front passed through last night. I decided that I’d do a little solo hunting today since Dman had to work in his store and the other member of the Tennessee Trio TENN JOSH worked third shift last night. I told my wife that I thought I might dig a plate today. She just smiled-LOL.
The humidity was still very high with temperature in the low 70s and I had already sweated through my Columbia moisture wicking shirt (Thanks for the tip Buckleboy) after hunting an hour or so. I thought I would return to the truck and come back again when it was cooler and the hay was cut as I had only dug an old pocketknife. I got a decent reading on the F75 and was surprised to see the square brass buckle from an 1851 sword belt rig. Dman dug one at a Gen. John Hunt Morgan camp and they are not dug that often. Our friend Tom Hays at Stones River Trading Company in Murfreesboro told me they are associated with Dragoon usage and generally found in early CW camps.
Finding that square buckle was a good sign so I continued hunting. About six feet away, I dug a belt keeper (no benchmark) to an 1851 SWB plate. That was even more good news. A few minutes later, I dug a melted bullet. I spent another hour or so but didn’t find the plate. I will return there later to expand my search. If Dman, Josh, or Tenn. Digger finds the plate, that’s OK too as we are all in this together.
I called Dman and told him what I had found as I had promised. He said he’s cancelling his W & E Treasures subscription because of who is on the cover of the Oct. issue he received in the mail today. I was honored to be pictured on the cover for the fourth consecutive year. I have another article in the Oct. issue as well. I am just lucky to have good friends to hunt with here, in Arkansas, and Louisiana who provide plenty of good relic finds for me to write about. Thanks for looking and HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0677.JPG
    DSCN0677.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Oct. 2013.png
    Oct. 2013.png
    372.2 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 11
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Q-
I found two guys that want to help you look for that buckle. No doubt they will be able to find it. They will be at your house this weekend and will be glad to sleep in your Man Cave. :thumbsup:
I'm not the one who just bought a Garrett detector hoping to get a guest spot on that show MM-LOL. I called Garrett yesterday and told them about what I thought about their "ad". They asked me what I thought about the other digging shows and I gave them an earful on how unrealistic they are. HH, Q.

Thanks Nanners. Hope you and Lisa get out soon. HH, Q.

I don't know about that Richard but I have been lucky. Hurry up and post a new video with music from the valley and HH, Q.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Quindy! That keeper is a keeper :laughing7:. Keep at it & you'll hit find the plate! Congrats on making the cover!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread