DUG = Silver ring ~ 11 wheats cents. NOT DUG = 99 gram Silver necklace!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
I met up with Ron yesterday morning to go detecting in Corvallis Oregon. Ron had a much better day than me, but I had lots of fun none-the-less! As you may have seen Ron's post yesterday, he dug two silver quarters, a silver dime, several wheats cents, and lots of clad. Here's what I dug:

5.5 gram silver ring (marked 925)
1924-S Wheat cent
10 other wheat cents ~ dating from 1919 to 1958
4 clad quarters
14 clad dimes
55 memorial cents
zero modern nickels!

NOT DUG ~ Here's the story on the big silver necklace I found! I work for a property management company. They own a old house that was built in 1904. I've been there detecting several times over the last 12 years that I've worked here ~ and I've dug lots of silver, Indian cents, and wheats there. Now they are planning on demolishing this old house to build more apartments (Boo . . . BOO!!!) ~ oh well, not my decision. Anyway, the house and garage are empty right now, so was checking out the place. I went into the garage, and just like any other garage it's very dusty & dirty ~ in the corner by the wall on the floor I saw what looked like just a chain of some sort ~ maybe a dog's collar. So I pulled it out of all the dirt, dust, and cobwebs. It's a silver 18" chain necklace marked 925!! I took it to Ron and he weighed it for me ~ 99 grams!! That's over 3 ounces of 92.5% silver!! SCORE!!! Check out the picture I posted of it ~ I put a US dime next to it so you can see the size of this thing ~ it's a monster!

Thanks for looking!
Neil

8^)

Attachments

• Feb28-2009ring.jpg
    Feb28-2009ring.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 698
  • Feb28-2009necklace.jpg
    Feb28-2009necklace.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 697
Upvote 0

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Great finds, Neil!

That particular clasp design must be pretty poor in terms of keeping itself closed. I've found several necklaces/bracelets with those type...not a one of them broken. I wish they'd put them on more jewelry!

Been raining like crazy the last two days, and I hope it keeps up so the 40" of snow we got recently melts. I need to get back to my old mill site.

MP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread