dug some stoneware...

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in a trash pit that had all BIM bottle pieces but so far nothing whole. There was lots of stoneware shards too and over the last few weeks I have assembled a bit of what looks like a jug, maybe Albany Slip. After getting discouraged at sifting and probing for a few hours, my last jab in the ground gave me this little cream crock, upside down at 18 inches down. It came out in great shape but missing its bail closure and stone lid. The lid would have had a makers name, maybe a Wier? I hope to find it next time back. I wonder if being upside down all these years had helped it be so well preserved as water could not infiltrate the interior and cause deterioration? Anyways, thanks for lookin, vn

DSC00165.JPG DSC00143.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00154.JPG DSC00115.JPG DSC00119.JPG

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, glad to see you got something for your efforts

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime I find a hole without any machine made glass is a fun time for me....even finding broken stuff satisfies me enough to look forward to the next hole.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime I find a hole without any machine made glass is a fun time for me....even finding broken stuff satisfies me enough to look forward to the next hole.

I feel the same way

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread