Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was just looking for something and saw the Engineer's collar disk that my wife had found and then it hit me. Yeah, I am a little slow these days, too many strokes in the past have done that. In this new permission which is a very large one, in one area, we have found the dog tags, loaded 30 carbine shells, spent old military 30-06 brass, a silver rifle (part of a medal), and the gilded Engineer's collar disk. Thanks to Tnet Carolina Tom, we found out that the collar disk was in fact for the Engineers division. The dogtags (returned to family) belonged to a Pvt Percy Scharch of Maryland and thanks to Tnet Mackaydon, we found out that he belonged to the 313th Combat Engineer Battalion. So that makes even more sense that these things were found here in this area. Now since we have no use for the collar disk, we will send it to the Scharch family to go with the dogtags we already sent them. Now I have no idea or proof that Percy wore this particular collar disk but that doesn't matter to me, it was in one way or another worn by him or someone in his outfit. So it will be in the mail shortly to Bryon, the grandson. It's a good thing I am not a Homicide Detective LOL. A special thanks to Carolina Tom and Mackaydon for their help in this :headbang::hello:.

Attachments

• 0703171638a.jpg
    0703171638a.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 0711170704f.jpg
    0711170704f.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 47
  • CIMG1736.JPG
    CIMG1736.JPG
    391.9 KB · Views: 49

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps he wanted to rid himself of all memory of the war, and threw his uniform/artifacts from the war in the yard. Very cool find, I happened to find a pair of WWI dog tags in a trash pit, and put them on loan in the local museum. Nice thing giving them to the grandson!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread