JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going through some old pictures from the film camera days I found this and had to laugh at myself. Growing up in Indiana with the largest wild animal I ever saw being a deer I couldn't believe the size of this thing the first time my wife and I went to Colorado, and it was walking down the middle of the street!

img001352 (748x800).jpg

A line of several cars were stopped ahead of us, I didn't want it to get away so I jumped out and ran up to it and took the picture. He gave me that look and started walking my way so I backed back to the car. On the way I noticed all the other folks had their cameras pointed at me and the elk, and that was long before the youtube days.

CaperBoy

Aug 4, 2013
Cape Breton Island
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep you were probably the most photographed person in town that day. I see tourists doing the same thing with moose around here and actually shutter for them.... You had a lucky day my friend. Nice pic though...

Cheers

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you @ Estes Park? I took a bunch of photos too but from inside the vehicle.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! Well, it was my 1st time seeing em too. :laughing7: I had fun...a great place to visit...but not during the month of Feb. Snowed in the whole time we were there.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JSF!! The Elk looks as if he is thinking, with his right ear cocked back, what the heck is that guy doing out here on my street, Dang Tourist!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread