Dump Bank Concern

teaserfirecat

Dec 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got into roll hunting about a month ago, made a few new accounts. Finally seemed liked I found a good system with my pick up banks and dump bank. I was dumping about $1,000 worth of coin for the second time at my dump bank and the teller told me that from now on their policy is that they will only accept coin in that large an amount from the place you order it from. In other words, they don't want me dumping that much coin at their establishment. This is the only bank with a coin machine nearby. Do you all use coin machines at your bank or are there other methods to dumping that much coin?

Thanks for any help

Upvote 0

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I have only two banks that sell me bags, one does it but isn't very friendly but the other is like a small town bank. I NEVER dump at those banks and I have brought them treats before.

Right now I am not doing anything except occaisional rolls that I am stock piling in coffee cans until lobbies open and my family lets be access the coin counters, I have about $600 sitting in cans.

With the search for W's I have gotten the entire Whitman album collection for quarters, 5 books and will try to fill them.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Dozer D here are the finds from the half dollar bag that I watched at the bank as it filled, took them 4 months which is really quick for halves, was sure it would be someones dump but did good

9 90% and 22 40%

IMG_20201015_183917796.jpg

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find on the Half bag. Now imagine if those went to the coin vendor sorted counted rolled, not too many would have gotten into boxes, only WATERED DOWN.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find on the Half bag. Now imagine if those went to the coin vendor sorted counted rolled, not too many would have gotten into boxes, only WATERED DOWN.

That is why I prefer bags off counters but very few banks will sell them.

As I say I can get bags but dumping is a real problem at this time, lobbies closed and family against me going into banks until they feel comfortable due to the virus

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just made a list of my various branches I visit in all the surrounding towns, count is 26-banks., enough to hit over a two week rotation., but none sell me bags off machines - oh darn.

There are only 4-5 banks in my entire county and the next county up (also next state up) 4 banks. It is a tall county and not worth driving 40 miles to the next town. But only one bank that I can find that has a coin counter. They will not sell bags. Everytime I come in I ask. This is also where I have paid my mortgage a few times in halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread