Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How are you dumping? Bags or coin machine?

OP
OP
E

ENTHUSIAST

May 31, 2013
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Looking for my 1st detector!!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CWR that is all my credit union will accept they do not have any locations with machines and they do not do bag deposits they only accept rolled coins.

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once a month? I worry sometimes when I return dumps every day. Now, the volume of my dumps are rarely over $200, but even then I try to mix up the branches so I don't wear out my welcome. And I do ALL my banking at my dump bank -- a plus for sure.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
500$ a month, at once a month. build up the relationship, and you should be able to do 1000$ a month without a problem. But it is best you experiment with your dump bank. As we're all from different areas and cant say what works for me or someone else, will work for you...

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a feel for the bank. I start smaller, get a feel for the place and the people, dump every two or three weeks, and up it if it looks good. I only bring enough for one bag change, don't want to cause multiple bag changes. Bring occasional treats, be super polite and helpful. Yes it's their job, but don't make it difficult. I tell them I will need a bag change if they're not busy when I walk in, so they can get the keys. f I know where the extra bags are, I'll get one ready. I offer to move the full bag if the teller isn't very strong. I'm super patient- sometimes I've waited 20 minutes until the teller had time to change the bag.

I limit my dumps to $1000 in a bag machine and $1250 in a bin machine.

I would not make a bank that requires hand rolling a dump bank but that's just me.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no magic number, or correct way to handle every dump/buy bank. Every bank is different. I would say that the less you visit any particular bank, the less likely you are to get cut off.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump bags that contain $500 - $1000 in coins every day at the same branch.

If I'm dumping into coin machines, I have four branches within a 10-mile radius to choose from. So, once every four machine dumps. When I was dumping exclusively through coin machines, there was three days between dumping on the same branch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions