Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to my local Bank of America to ask if they would order bank boxes of halves, they said only for businesses and there is a fee, but they did have $540 worth of halves that I could have. They said $260 of them were from one guy who just dropped them off.
I figured, ah ha, here is someones dump bank. But I took them all anyway.

28 rolls from Brinks - skunk

26 rolls CWR - a weird Kennedy token

AND 2 40% halves, they were in with the ones the guy dumped (?) so not bad.

Now I have 2 Loomis boxes of dimes to go through, even TD will order those.

Upvote 0

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the dumped halves are constant. Even when I order fresh boxes I get dumped coins often because the Loomis and Garda just repackage dumped CWRs.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thripp said:
Yeah, the dumped halves are constant. Even when I order fresh boxes I get dumped coins often because the Loomis and Garda just repackage dumped CWRs.

They don't rewrap them?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
They don't rewrap them?

Here's what I got the last time I ordered from a Loomis suplied bank. All mixed up opened and searched allready, they just retaped the box with their Loomis paper tape and shipped it back out. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5441.JPG
    DSCN5441.JPG
    891.9 KB · Views: 145

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maverick said:
Here's what I got the last time I ordered from a Loomis suplied bank. All mixed up opened and searched allready, they just retaped the box with their Loomis paper tape and shipped it back out. HH, Maverick.

Ugh, that would be frustrating.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ugh, that would be frustrating.

Yup, and I don't go there anymore, It was a far away bank I tried a few times. Maverick.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. I got three Brinks boxes today that were all like that. The boxes had Loomis tape over them!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope. I got three Brinks boxes today that were all like that. The boxes had Loomis tape over them!

Huh, I've never seen that before, All I search is Brinks, so you got the cube box taped up like that?

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh, I've never seen that before, All I search is Brinks, so you got the cube box taped up like that?

Yes, even when the bank orders boxes they are delivered like that. I did get one Brinks box that was MWR with six 90% and sixteen 40% halves, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread