Todays CRH results - 9/27/12

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's CRH results - 9/27/12

In a word - Awesome! I picked up a coin counter bag of halves from a local bank for the first time in my CRH career, and hit a load of 40% Kennedy's, as well as a 90% Kennedy, which brings me just one coin shy of my first full roll of '64 Kennedys :) Not too bad for an investment of $485 ;) Yep, in the clad silvers, I found a total of 21 coins - finally, my slump is over! I even found 2 NIFCs: a 2004-D and 2005-D, in pretty nice shape, too. It's good I did well with this bunch, too, since in face value I found a fair smattering of quarters, dimes and pennies, and I think that, in total, the bag was about $10 or so short :-\ But I think I'll let that go, since I found almost three and a half ounces of silver :laughing7: $120 for about 4 hours of leisurely 'work'? Not a bad day off, I think :)

Upvote 0

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Bags is where it's at for sure. Congratulations for finding a source.

My bet is that some of the [cent, nickel, dime, qtr] coins were just freebies and not all of them counted as halves. That has been my experience anyway.
For me, some of those coins count (but not all), guitar picks and drink tokens always count, toenails almost never count.

OP
OP
Virgil

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you're right about the non-halves being extra - I rolled the leftovers tonight and realized I'd shorted myself a roll in my initial count, so I think I was only shorted a dollar or two, if at all. My wonderful, amazing girlfriend is going to be turning them in to the friendly branch I know (since she only works a couple minutes away from them) and I'm planning on heading out Tuesday in search of more half dollar sized veins of silver, hehe :p

Thanks again for all the feedback, madwest - Happy hunting, my friend ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread