Dump Day Luck

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
Went to two of my far dump banks this morning to get rid of a little over $1000 in halves. At bank #1, checked the hopper before starting and removed 2 screws, a penny and a nickle stuck together and some other junk. Dump went smoothly then. No halves at counter. This Bank has never had any counter halves available.
At bank #2 the half bag filled at $25 of the $500+ I was dumping there. When the teller changed it out I thought I saw some silver in the bottom of the bag. (Of course, I see silver in my dreams.) When cashing out I asked the usual questions with negative results. Then I thought, what the hell, and asked if I could buy the bag that just came off the machine. The teller he would buy it from the vault and sell it to me ! Surprise , surprise !!
I stopped in two mall lots to start searching as I couldn't stand the suspense. Got through over half the bag before I got home and found 6 40%. Checked the rest at home and found 10 more 40%, a '46 walker and a '49 Ben ! Nice day.

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buy and great scores!!! :hello2: I am hoping to buy a bag one of these days.

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread