Dumping at your pick up bank

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have cut my ordering of boxes of halves to almost zero and my CRH activity in general has gone way down, all for various reasons. Today I was speaking to a teller at the only bank I order from anymore (it's very convenient, just across the street from my office). Told her I "collected" half dollars, which is actually a true statement! She told me about a guy who orders halves from the branch and then brings most of them back after searching through them. I told her I would never trouble them with my searched coins but she actually encouraged me to roll them and bring them back since people are always asking from them and they never have any.

If my volume is down to less than one box a week, is there any harm in me dumping at this same branch? How much I am dumping into my supply (Brinks, in this case) depends on how many people who ask for halves bring back the skunks (I gather that this one guy does that at the branch but others don't). With my low volume and the fact that others may take away my skunks, I don't think I am doing much damage to my supply and it would make my life a lot easier to just walk across the street and dump the skunks. Of course, I also ask for loose halves and CWR at this branch and know I am polluting those, but they usually don't have them and my only score has been 9 40% halves in a $9 batch (just one time).

Upvote 0

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you're fine. If they're just going to hand out your skunks to other people I don't see any harm. Even if they do send your one-box-every-once-in-awhile order back to your supplier, it'll make about as much difference as a tick on a dinosaur's ass. They process so much, and everyone is dumping into everyone else's supply anyway, it won't matter.

Edit: I'm not positive that dinosaurs have asses.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread