Dumping coins and getting some extras?

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
When I hunt coins, anything I take out I replace with clad before I dump it back. So $100 nickel box goes back so I get $100 back. But anyways each time they always tell me the right total. But I'm wondering if there ever is anything in the reject tray. Like maybe not from myself but from another person if it doesn't get cleared often. I'd wonder if there is a way to get that stuff without seeming too pushy.
Only had it happen once when I dumped dimes, teller brought back to the counter a foreign coin. I know for a fact it wasn't part of my dump. Do they normally check the reject tray before they go back to the counter on protocol? I know some tellers just hate when I bring in coins. I just don't want to be the guy who is like oh can you check the reject tray for me. Because basically I know I had a set amount so unless they were short then theres no real reason to ask without seeming like I'm begging for more.

Upvote 0
Just ask the teller what they do with the rejected coins. Some banks just toss them into the trash and will give them to you just by simply asking. Others will not. All you can do is ask.

ArkieBassMan said:
Just ask the teller what they do with the rejected coins. Some banks just toss them into the trash and will give them to you just by simply asking. Others will not. All you can do is ask.

Guess I'll have to find a teller to make good with at the bank. This is my 2nd bank so I only really use it for dumping although I do have accounts there. My first bank I've always used was where I was going to pickup from but found BOA to be better to get boxes without needing to order. If only my 1st bank took loose coins then I'd be all set with asking for them to hold any reject coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back