Dumping coins ?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dumped $16000 today it went pretty good but I still had to drive a lot. I did 10 bags at one place and coin counters for the rest $1000 to $3000 per stop. I have some banks telling me no more coins and others are more then happy to take what ever. And still have 5 more coin lock bags and 1 bulk bag. This week I have done 30 boxes and found 3-90% and 31-40% More tomorrow. Is anyone else having banks stoping dumps all together? I want to tell you if your cut off after some time try again. It seems like the banks have a big turn over. And most of the time they will take them again!:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get some branches that seem to have "no vault space" a lot. The most i dump is 2k in halves and that is super annoying to some people while others have no problem with it. WISH i could find a branch to take 10k from me in a week. I have one bank that would take it but i honestly just feel bad that they have to run it through their coin counter and they also use the same coin service i pick coins up from so that dampers it also, not into pee'ing in my own pool.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is question that you should already know the answer to; however, if you take it easy on your dump banks and not drop off $5000 on them, you won't get cut off as fast.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dumped $16000 today...
life.gif
OMG - You all really take this stuff seriously!

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dumped $16000 today it went pretty good but I still had to drive a lot. I did 10 bags at one place and coin counters for the rest $1000 to $3000 per stop. I have some banks telling me no more coins and others are more then happy to take what ever. And still have 5 more coin lock bags and 1 bulk bag. This week I have done 30 boxes and found 3-90% and 31-40% More tomorrow. Is anyone else having banks stoping dumps all together? I want to tell you if your cut off after some time try again. It seems like the banks have a big turn over. And most of the time they will take them again!:icon_thumleft:

For me, it depends on the bank. I don't dump anywhere near as much as you, but I try to limit myself to $1000 - $1500 per bank. I search around $5k in coin a week. Coin lock bags are awesome, but they aren't really an option for me right now. I have two bag options: 1. a bank that takes two weeks to credit the account 2. a bank that is serviced by my supply armored car company. Neither of these options really works for me.

All of my dumps go in counters. The amount and type of coin depends on the bank and type of counter. My least used dump bank is TD because the half bags fill at $100 increments. I mainly only dump at TD when it's quarters and dimes and I'll take up to $1250 in dimes and quarters in a trip to them. I also have a credit union that I've started dumping at. I'll take up to $1K in halves at a time there because the bag changes aren't frequent and they are serviced by the car company that I love dumping on.
My main half dumping bank is a small local chain of banks (~10 branches). Their coin counters are super fast, they NEVER have to change a bag, and they aren't serviced by the company I get my supply from. I usually take $1250-$1500 in halves to three of their branches each week.

With all that being said, I have never had anyone cut me off. There are certain branches that I end up in every week, but for the most part there are enough branches of each of my dump banks where I can rotate them so that I'm only in most of them every other week at the most. I think long term that this methodology is going to allow me to keep from getting cut off for the longest amount of time. I've been thinking of upping my half volume to 10-20 boxes per week this summer, but honestly supply and dump banks aren't what is keeping me from doing it. I just don't think I have enough time to pickup, search, and dump that much coin.

My dumping strategy this week is different: Last weekend I went into a TD and asked to buy a box of dimes in an area far from my house. The teller was downright nasty and said that dimes were only for business account holders. Like really nasty. I'm a nice guy, so since she is obviously experiencing a shortage of coins I'm going to help her out this saturday during lunch time by bringing her $4k in halves and $5-6 k in dimes and quarters. :laughing7:

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you just use TD?
I do use td my step son helps me dump. And I use pnc boa its a pain sometimes when I dumped at ac I did $10,000 to $15.000 at a time. They closed my acct its ok it cost them $1700. I can dump in pa and I have its a pain when am busy. Am so busy right now I should stop crh and just work but I like doing it to much. I am going to keep buying gold and silver.I will sell my almost 5000 40% when silver GOES up someday.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
life.gif
OMG - You all really take this stuff seriously!
We sure do its fun plus the money is good last year I found 922oz of silver. How much did you make at your job? And that was about 16 hours a week for me.And I still have all of it!

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, it depends on the bank. I don't dump anywhere near as much as you, but I try to limit myself to $1000 - $1500 per bank. I search around $5k in coin a week. Coin lock bags are awesome, but they aren't really an option for me right now. I have two bag options: 1. a bank that takes two weeks to credit the account 2. a bank that is serviced by my supply armored car company. Neither of these options really works for me.

All of my dumps go in counters. The amount and type of coin depends on the bank and type of counter. My least used dump bank is TD because the half bags fill at $100 increments. I mainly only dump at TD when it's quarters and dimes and I'll take up to $1250 in dimes and quarters in a trip to them. I also have a credit union that I've started dumping at. I'll take up to $1K in halves at a time there because the bag changes aren't frequent and they are serviced by the car company that I love dumping on.
My main half dumping bank is a small local chain of banks (~10 branches). Their coin counters are super fast, they NEVER have to change a bag, and they aren't serviced by the company I get my supply from. I usually take $1250-$1500 in halves to three of their branches each week.

With all that being said, I have never had anyone cut me off. There are certain branches that I end up in every week, but for the most part there are enough branches of each of my dump banks where I can rotate them so that I'm only in most of them every other week at the most. I think long term that this methodology is going to allow me to keep from getting cut off for the longest amount of time. I've been thinking of upping my half volume to 10-20 boxes per week this summer, but honestly supply and dump banks aren't what is keeping me from doing it. I just don't think I have enough time to pickup, search, and dump that much coin.

My dumping strategy this week is different: Last weekend I went into a TD and asked to buy a box of dimes in an area far from my house. The teller was downright nasty and said that dimes were only for business account holders. Like really nasty. I'm a nice guy, so since she is obviously experiencing a shortage of coins I'm going to help her out this saturday during lunch time by bringing her $4k in halves and $5-6 k in dimes and quarters. :laughing7:
Some of my td banks put $500 in each bag.We try to do two bags then. When I go to pa they put $500 in each bag! most of the time. When use the coin counters we do about $1250 at a time. And rotate the dumps most are ok with that.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was doing half boxes I would limit to $1000 for machines that had bags. One bank had a great machine that dumped in a large container that did not require bags. For those machines I would dump until the cows came in. All the tellers had to do is remember how to count over a 100 when giving me my cash. Unfortunately that bank started charging fees and my system was interrupted. Currently looking for other banks with coin machines so I can start up again. I'll probably never get to your numbers Tim but I can always dream. Good luck.

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
I try to limit my dumps to two teller interactions per visit. Two bag changes, one bag change and a jam fix, two jam fixes, etc. I think that's the happy limit to fly just under being an annoyance. At most of my banks that means 2000-2500 per dump, and at ones with bin machines, that can mean anywhere from 3000-7500 in on session.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread