DUMPSTER DIVING GARBAGE PICKING READ & SEE WHAT IS FOUND HERE UPDATED 2012

May 26, 2016
bilasu
Detector(s) used
round K# 345
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha ha that is nice. Its not about just treasure, its all about brain. pump up the brain to get more resources :hello2:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that's a treasure find there SWEET

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin sweet why do people just toss that kind of stuff... Crazyness

thetreasuregirl

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF GREAT FINDS FROM OTHER PEOPLES TRASH .INCLUDING 10 -12 MORGAN DOLLARS 20 OR SO 1/2 DOLLARS NOT TO MENTION ALL THE OTHER SPENDABLE MONEY.

I THINK I COULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT IT ALL.... 30 - 35 YEARS OF JUNKING OPPS.. TREASURE HUNTING

ANY GOOD STORIES OF GOOD FINDS OF THE STUFF THAT PEOPLE THROW OUT.

I'D LIKE TO HERE SOME......

those are really cool finds. good job! happy dumpster diving.

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
picked up a 32 inch emersom flat screen TV sitting by a dumpster a few days ago plugged it in no power popped the back low and behold blown fuse popped in another and works perfect.
Chris

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin sweet why do people just toss that kind of stuff... Crazyness
I have been in an apartment for 10 years. Bought a brand new home and moving north in 3 months and have already started packing.
I have already started throwing away some nice things, not valuable, but nice. I do not put them in the dumpster but in front of. So far everything is gone in less than a few hours.

Biggest problem is our 1948 piano. No piano store wants it and I can't bring it down to the dumpster. There are two website where you can list a piano or other musical instruments and people can accept them. They have to come and get.

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
yesterday i found this jewelry box from dumpster. there is 3 or 4 gold necklaces, one gold plated russian watch worth about 50 euros, cameo jewelry and golden earrings.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 181

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
hi

silver knifes and spoons from trash. also two english pewter spoons from 1912 with name. and nice silver ring with red stones from 1800-.

Attachments

• IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 203

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Aquila!! I can't get over all the great stuff that folks are throwing away over there! ...I mean, money?? Geez!

This stuff I can potentially see finding in the trash, but you sure do have some 'nice' people in your area!! :laughing7:

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
i have now started collecting stamps from paper trashcans. i found some russian stamps with double eagle made before 1917.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
i have now started collecting stamps from paper trashcans. i found some russian stamps with double eagle made before 1917.

Sheesh!! Yeah, I'd say you live in a good area for "treasure hunting". :thumbsup::laughing7:

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
hundreds of thousands of people throw their garbage away here so everything can be find. problem is new metal thrashcans are almost impossible to dive. here are the russian stamps btw

Attachments

• IMG_1627.JPG
    IMG_1627.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 227

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Please Aquila, keep posting your finds! They're all very much different from what we see over here. Not to mention, your stories on how you just "find" this stuff in dumpsters....makes me wanna buy an airline ticket!! :laughing7: ...But alas, will never make that trip again. Just too long - can't take the long flights anymore.

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Aquila, keep posting your finds! They're all very much different from what we see over here. Not to mention, your stories on how you just "find" this stuff in dumpsters....makes me wanna buy an airline ticket!! :laughing7: ...But alas, will never make that trip again. Just too long - can't take the long flights anymore.
yes keep it up

icyheart

Mar 8, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
lol el cheapo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here it is 1/7/2018 and not one time up til last month have i had an issue with someone having a major problem freaking problem with dumpster divers and let me tell u how it went... this male person go very upset over another male reachiing into a dumpster for a box. I asked why r u so mad over him getting a box.. he said its a drug addict that would rather steal than work.. wooow really did he go there? yes he did. but i looked back at this person and i said may i ask u some questions? he said yeah sure, i asked is it aghaist the law for him to get the stuff ur company threw away into the dumpster? he quickly said yes its trespassing? of coarse i said ok, then i asked him why do u think a person that dumpster dives is on drugs? this one will piss u off he says that everyone that has ever done this is on the drugs to have to lower there self to get stuff like that.. calm ur self dont let him and his stupidness get to yea cause i set this person straight lol the last question i asked was who r u to judge people? before he could answer i said let me tell u this first of all its not breaking the law cause there is not one and 2nd its trespassing when it was locked/ fenced/ or private property and who are u to judge there is only one true judge and thats god and last was im a diver kiss my grits im done.. people like this really make me mad. what about u

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a lot of shallow-minded people in the world. ...I'd say you found one.

There are folks who have a mentality that simply won't allow themselves to let perfectly good items go out in the trash, even if the trash belongs to someone else. Well, if there's one kind of person, you know there has to also be an exact opposite; someone who considers anything even sitting near a dumpster or down an alley to be putrid. Then figure all the folks that fall somewhere in between the two extremes. So this likely isn't the first person who has felt that way around you, but is the first time that someone felt strongly enough or had such an in-your-face attitude to be able to confront you about the practice.

....Welcome to "humanity". :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread