Duplicate auctions?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I admit I totally don't pay any attention when I am finishing up my auctions. There is something about not having duplicate auctions up. I have a 10K pink topaz ring to list. So when I tried to see how much they are up for (before seeing how much they actually sold for), I did a search. I even limited it to under $400. The first 13 pages were all the same seller with a gazillion of the same auctions up. How is that fair? How am I supposed to compete with that??? There are 3,911 auctions up.

10k pink topaz ring | eBay

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By any chance, is your ring vintage?

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is vintage, put that in the title, because people love to search for old jewelry, and your competitor is selling new jewelry. Also put in specific words about your ring that might separate your listing from the duplicates. Those are my thoughts. Good luck!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I'm seeing, they have a lot of rings, in multiple sizes.
If they have 1,000 rings...they can have 1,000 auctions. If I'm getting your question right.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no such thing as "fair" when it comes to business. There is only morals, ethics, and profit.

As far as "how am I supposed to compete with that"? Easy: Price.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
eBay is in the business of making money. Very rarely will they pull duplicate auctions. I have had numerous issues with other sellers who have blatantly listed the same product in multiple auctions.
Here is something else to checkout. I sell majority of candy, cakes, and other food products. eBay policy is if you sell those products you MUST have an expiration date in the listing under item specifics. I have to spend time doing this every week to keep things up to date. Most sellers do not have expiration dates in their listings. It is a policy violation , but eBay will not pull the listing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread