DUTCH HUNTER VETERANS.....

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
There are many, many Dutch Hunters who are/were veterans. Some who come immediately to mind are Greg Davis, Mike McChesney, Tom Kollenborn, Tony Ribaudo, Dale Howard and Harry LaFrance (France). I know there are lots more, including those who were involved in some of our favorite treasure stories.

In the still warm afterglow of Veterans Day, I want to thank all of the Veterans who have served so honorably to keep our Nation strong and safe.

At the same time, I believe there is a cold place reserved for those who are guilty of Stolen Valor. I doubt there is any psychiatric help for those poor souls.

For those who would like to have Veteran Dutch Hunters remembered, this would be one place to do it.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the still warm afterglow of Veterans Day, I want to thank all of the Veterans who have served so honorably to keep our Nation strong and safe

Joe it sems to me that you had a hand in that also-- --- both country and the LDM.
:occasion14: We span from Guadalcanal - Afghanistan.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
In the still warm afterglow of Veterans Day, I want to thank all of the Veterans who have served so honorably to keep our Nation strong and safe

Joe it sems to me that you had a hand in that also-- --- both country and the LDM.
:occasion14: We span from Guadalcanal - Afghanistan.

Don Jose,

A heartfelt THANK YOU! for your service.

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a way it was sorta fun, not the killing, but the adventure and of seeing Places where we never could have gone. For me it opened my eyes, and started a quest which has never ended. Loved the Islands and preCommunist old China etc. Jack Londons world.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:director::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:Happy Bird Day to all my fellow veterans,And happy Holidays to all. Thanks for your service.:icon_santa:NP:cat:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joe.

Mike

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Received a call from Baker Looney tonight. Around two years ago, the doctors gave him six months to live. He sounds pretty good, but his wife passed away last October. For those who don't know him, he was a member of Glenn Magill's crew. ("Killer Mountains") Baker's heart is making a comeback and doing some healing. He is still on 02 and will be for life.

Baker and I at the Rendezvous:

The rattle with the Viet Nam colors was made by his wife, a Native American. He gave gifts to all of the Viet Nam Veterans at the Rendezvous.

According to Baker, he is alive through the power of prayer.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP,

Red or China?

Good luck,

Joe[/QUOTE Amigo:coffee2: all of the beaches over there were nice, I liked the beach at Nha Trang the best, but ,I liked the limeade vendors they always made great limeade,it was always something to look forward to.:hello:NP:cat:

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
NP,

Red or China?

Good luck,

Joe[/QUOTE Amigo:coffee2: all of the beaches over there were nice, I liked the beach at Nha Trang the best, but ,I liked the limeade vendors they always made great limeade,it was always something to look forward to.:hello:NP:cat:

NP,

China Beach was good for R&R, but you wouldn't go to Red Beach for limeade. It was always a hot zone.

Take care,

Joe

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps today is one of the days to think about something other than Dutchman. In a short while I am taking Bob, my next-door neighbor to lunch. It is now a tradition twice a year (Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day) with Bob, a combat vet from Korea – a place called Pork Chop Hill.

It is good that someone started this thread. I never served (knees) and for the same reason did not get far in football. But my dad, Len did, Tom Burnett did and it has been my good fortune to know Joe. He too was on the front line (if there were any) in Nam. And Len and Tom Burnett -Marines and Scott Len’s step son – Army sniper. I would like to relate a little story that somewhere else I may have posted it. As one gets older …

Years ago I was in France and made it a goal to get to the American Military cemetery at Omaha Beach. I can still see the scene in my mind’s eye. The parking lot was near empty. Before I got out of my car an elderly couple dressed in black emerged from the cemetery. As I recall he was holding her arm with both affection and support. They were sad. That was easy to tell. As they were leaving the grounds they stopped at the sign. For you see every American military cemetery in France I have been to has a glass covered sign board with listing of the other cemeteries. They stopped and looked long at the sign like they were contemplating something. Then thus French couple made there was to their car and drove away. It left me with the knowledge that not all have forgotten the Americans buried in France. Of the men, the boys that gave their all to help free France. Inside the cemetery there was a French gardener who was manicuring the grounds on his hands and knees. In all the time we had the pleasure to spend in France we never encountered anything but friendliness. (Although I did see American tourists who were oblivious to another culture, and made even me cringe.)

So Joe and any and all combat vets there is no way to repay. Please know it is an honor to know you! I once asked Tom Burnett about stolen valor, I don’t think I can post his reply. After all he was someone who did not have to go to Nam; to get there he bribed a non-com to put his name on a list. To all vets thank you and happy trails.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thomas,

Many thanks my friend.

My time in Viet Nam was nothing like what some had to endure, and still do. Fifty years later, I am paying for what needed to be done to defoliate Monkey Mountain. Considering those who lost their lives, limbs and sanity, I count myself one of the lucky one's.

Thank you again,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread