Garrett sea hunter mark II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a dumb question at all.
The DX-1 being sold by Jimmy Sierra Products is apparently a DX-1 manufactured by Sun Ray. The photo, if accurate, would indeed reflect an older model probe. Earliest models were white with a curly cord, followed by white probes with a straight cord, then finally a black probe with a straight cord.
However, the electronics involved are going to be the same between the three styles. So, if the white ones on Amazon are being sold as new, for 3 dollars less, you'll have to decide if you really want white, really want to save three whole dollars, or are willing to spring the big bucks for a black one.

If you go to Jimmy Sierra's website, you'll see he's still using a photo showing a white probe with curly cord, but I doubt he's selling anything that old. They would have sold out years ago.
You could just skip Amazon altogether and just buy directly from Ralph at Sun Ray. You can't go wrong buying from the guy that makes them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nitro74d

nitro74d

Aug 21, 2006
Spring hill, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 - 11", 6" coils
White's MXT Pro -coils: 300, 4x6DD, SEF 8x6 & 15x12
Coinmaster Pro - 9" spider
Garrett sea hunter mark II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great,
Thanks for all the info. I think I will get it straight from Sun Ray then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread