E-Trac 01-46

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
Decided to hunt the woods behind my office----80/100 yr old trees---got a 01-46 about 4 feet from an old mulberry tree. Dug down about 8 inches and encountered an 8 inch root. I am almost there as my pinpointer can detect it---Have to bring in the heavy equipment tomorrow or Saturday (Ax,shovel etc.). Any guesses???? The numbers hit at 01-46 with an occasional 01-47 solid--no jumping around. I am not familiar with what has been found with these numbers. As soon as I dig it I will post.

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Joel for your sake I hope it's a seated dollar, but......did you swing over it with an open screen in quickmask?

I know when I run Andy's pattern and check some iffy signals in quickmask they unfortunately drop to the lower right hand corner. But I would sure want to dig that if it's a solid unwavering 47 anything!!

Good luck, be sure to post pics of that dollar!!

Dave

OP
OP
J

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
I was operating in open screen---was about to go out but raining now-----The excitement is half the fun. I expect junk---but it is a solid 1-46/47. I will keep you posted

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen those signals to be larger pieces of round copper somethings... like the bottom of a bucket. Or, maybe a piece of brass. I hope your experience is better!

OP
OP
J

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
I kind of figured that with the overall size and response I was getting the target was large---I think this is part of the farmers combine. Video to follow on this thread in a few days. Heading to a grassy area for some easier digging. There is always a next time--HH--Boog

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a license plate ring up like that once. Hope it's not a license plate and it's something much much better!

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JoelB said:
Decided to hunt the woods behind my office----80/100 yr old trees---got a 01-46 about 4 feet from an old mulberry tree. Dug down about 8 inches and encountered an 8 inch root. I am almost there as my pinpointer can detect it---Have to bring in the heavy equipment tomorrow or Saturday (Ax,shovel etc.). Any guesses???? The numbers hit at 01-46 with an occasional 01-47 solid--no jumping around. I am not familiar with what has been found with these numbers. As soon as I dig it I will post.

So what was it? You must've dug it up by now? Care to share you 01-46 experience with everyone? I know I'd like to hear.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, forigve my ignorance as I never owned a Minelab.
I read through some of the manual on the Safari and SE.

There is a two tone conductive number followed by a target ID #. Correct?
I also see where the ID falls in as a shaded pixel on a grid and that further
delineated the target ID. Correct?

So, I am reading the posts here and have seen targets come in with the first number as either a 1, 2, or 3?
And, if I am not mistaken usually the good targets begin with a 2.

Ex. Goes4Ever 13 Silver Weekend:
So I crank up the manual sensitivity to 29 and off I go, I get an absolute screaming 03-47 and I am thinking this is a half dollar! I cut a nice deep plug, flip it back and there laid a walking liberty half in the bottom of the hole! made the day a LOT better.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,433857.0.html

Ex. DKinPA One Swing Makes the Day Worthwhile
I walked about 15 minutes along an un-mowed grass field at the edge of the lawn when I got a solid 10-45 on the Etrac. Although not a "classic" silver signal it was solid and the machine said 8" so a definite signal to dig.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,433696.0.html

What does that first number do??? How high does it go???

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I will say this. I have dug a 1-46 target thinking just what JoelB is, good target. What was it? A old soda can. Oh well until I dug it I was hoping for large silver too.

Ed D.

OP
OP
J

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
As previously stated my find was part of some old farm equipment. I do have a video of the dig but have not had the time to figure out how to post it. This hobby has its ups and downs--at the end of that dig I was not sure I would want to dig/saw through tree roots anymore. The next day I was hard at it again---each day is a new adventure for the true metal detector enthusiast--bent spoons,cans,shotgun casings etc....--all in a days work---but every now and then...............................Alright!!!!!!! ---Finally got a ________(you fill in the blank) HH

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoelB said:
As previously stated my find was part of some old farm equipment. I do have a video of the dig but have not had the time to figure out how to post it. This hobby has its ups and downs--at the end of that dig I was not sure I would want to dig/saw through tree roots anymore. The next day I was hard at it again---each day is a new adventure for the true metal detector enthusiast--bent spoons,cans,shotgun casings etc....--all in a days work---but every now and then...............................Alright!!!!!!! ---Finally got a _JAR LID__(you fill in the blank) HH But Hope Not

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread