E-Trac cheaper alternative?

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Mobius1

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Such as excellent target separation is what I was supposed to have in there

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such as excellent target separation is what I was supposed to have in there
With the right one of nine coils and two frequencies available for the 305, it will separate as well as an expensive machine with the wrong coil for conditions/targets sought.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Longhair said, don't be so fast to give up on your 305. It will do a lot for you with different coils.... :icon_thumright:

But if you are looking at cheaper options in the form of a different detector, there are the Safari and the Explorer SE. Both use the same FBS technology as the Etrac... The Safari is a simpler machine, and the Explorer is the forerunner to the Etrac. In the case of the Explorer, many long time users still prefer it over the Etrac. You can find either used at a price lower than the Etrac.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Right now the explorers are under $1000 new due to them being discontinued. I have seen them at a couple of online retailers going for under a grand or around the same price as the safari. But used is the way to go to get the best deal if you can find one.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Price has become a big obstacle in my plans to get the E-Trac so I thought it would be smart to come up with a backup plan. I'm upgrading from the Minelab X-Terra 305 and I want all of the power and technology of the Etrac such as target separation but a lower cost. Any suggestions?

To answer your question honestly, No you wont find a machine with all the power, tech and target separation of the E-Trac at a lower cost. The Minelab SE is close but not near as fast. Single frequencies liek the 305 are great but cant compete with a machine running 28.

I have found more silver with my Minelab E-Trac than all my machines put together so I am a bit biased, but with good reason! lol ;)

Holler if you have questions. Love to help.

OP
OP
Mobius1

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks you guys!! You are all a lot of help in my pursuit for the E-Trac. I know now it is definitely a machine worth what it costs. Since I'm only 17, I don't have the money for it so I have been trying to convince my parents for it. I inherited $1K from a recent house sale which would put their cost to buy it at $300. It's still a lot, I understand, but from what all of you guys here on treasurenet are saying I am going to definitely not regret getting such a powerful machine.
I'll keep you updated here (:

Thanks to all who helped!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread