E-Trac does it again!!

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Yes folks, silver again today!! Not a coin, but I'll take it. Headed out early this morning to a previously unhit park with Pocket Spill. We didn't find much, though I DID score one of my best surface finds ever- A RECENTLY DROPPED '18 WHEATIE!!! :o After a couple of hours of not finding anything else (damn crown tops... ::)), we decided to try another park that has produced silver coins on several different occasions. About 5 hours later, I ended up with a dinged up (but still nice) sterling silver ring, 2 more wheats ('46, '53d), a nice marble, '85 Canadian cent (not pictured), and the usual clad. Totals for today: sterling silver ring, marble, 3 wheats ('18, '46, '53d), and the '85 Canadian cent. Clad totaled a mere $1.80 (2 quarters, 10 dimes, and 30 cents (15 copper and 15 zinc)). As you can probably tell, I am REALLY digging the new E-Trac ;D . With silver found on 2 out of 3 hunts (a 66% success rate :o), it is shaping up to be a GREAT year. I am still digging LOTS of zinc cents and crown tops though (they sound waaay too good to pass up, and we all know that the one you DON'T dig is a silver coin :laughing7: ). Will be back at it again tomorrow (hoping it's much warmer too; was friggin' chilly today!!), and will be picking up the old Ace on Monday for tot lot duty (I need gas money and don't want it to get jealous of the E-Trac :tongue3: ). Pics below. Enjoy!! ;D

Attachments

• Picture 287.jpg
    Picture 287.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 288.jpg
    Picture 288.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Picture 289.jpg
    Picture 289.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 107

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
Gotta love the finds that dont need all the work. Sounds like your getting through the learning curve pretty well!

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Work that machine long enough and you will start to hear the difference between "some" of the crown tops and coins. I still dig my share but not as many as I did in the beginning. Congrats on the great hunt!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
He's Mad,
He's Bad,
He's Clad!

Keep 'em coming Paul!

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
Kimsdad ''Where's MY seated?'' said:
Lowbatts said:
He's Mad,
He's Bad,
He's Clad!

Keep 'em coming Paul!

and He's Rad!

Great finds, Paul - what learning curve? ;D

haha good point, he's too "mad and bad" for a learning curve :wink:
Can't wait to see all the finds in the future too!

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another day with the Etrac
Another Silver :thumbsup:
Congrats..

Soup

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Well, thanks for all the replies everyone. Unfortunately, today was an off day. I dug only $0.73 in clad, no silver (except YET ANOTHER one pulled out of the ground by the person I was hunting with)...kinda glad I called it a day early.... :-\ (didn't help that my aquile lost to the merda either....jeez, they just can't get a derby win can they.... :-[ ).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread